Sunday, September 13, 2015

Outfit of the Day(bird): We're BAAAAAACK!!!





We're back, and maybe better than ever. Or maybe just well rested after an amazing summer! We've missed you all, but are so happy we took a little time for ourselves. Since we last spoke, I personally have been up to quite a bit...

~ I got a new kick-ass job that has changed my life. Like dream job sort of stuff. Like, "when I grow up I want to be a..." sort of job.
~ We camped almost every weekend of the summer. We hiked caves and waterfalls and thrifted in each little town we explored. We drank wine in front of campfires and ate copious amounts of junk food with friends and family. It was glorious.
~ I traveled to San Fransisco twice for work and unfortunately never got to see Nora either time. Luckily we have a non-work trip planned for next month!
~ We went to a cabin in northern Minnesota with the family (i.e., all of my sisters, brother-in-laws, nieces, nephews, and parents) for a whole glorious week. We used to go there as kids, and it was even more fun as adults. We spent a lot of time doing nothing, a lot more time laughing, and a little time crying, but it was all good in the end.
~ My kids started school, and I have a middle schooler on my hands. It's crazy how they've grown.
~ I finally found a mascara that I love and jeans that fit me properly.
~ I have finally decided that as frugal as I am, it's ok to spend money on good mascara and jeans.
~ I've somehow ended up on a clean-out-my-life kick. I've sent bags and bags of unused pieces to Goodwill and am still at it. It won't stop me from shopping, but I am at the very least being more mindful of what I'm buying. It feels good.
~ I've gotten so much more comfortable in my style. Part of it is that I am no longer tied to a corporate job where I feel like I dress as one person at work and another at home. I get to wear whatever I want now, and I have to say it's freeing. I am so much more comfortable in my own body when I am able to wear what I want. Hopefully, I can share a more true self on the blog.
~ I have forgotten how to blog. I know I have plenty of great stories that I want to share with you all, but it may take me a minute to remember them all. Bear with me.
~ We decided to only blog three days a week. We'll be here Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week. We hope you'll be here with is.

We missed you all!!
xo,
megan bird

21 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome back, you've been missed! Sounds like you had a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad y'all are back!! i was worried you'd give it up for good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wheee!!! I'm so happy! For all three of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A BIG YAY! I am so glad you are back. I've truly missed you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOO HOO! Welcome back! Most of this stuff I already knew since we kept up this summer, but I'm still so happy for you and I think the three day a week plan is a good one - and one I may be moving to myself, I cut back to four so far, but may do more with the new job. And I don't know how to change my Blogger profile to my new blog, so I'll just drop the linky and be obnoxious that way!
    www.thebethnextdoor.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! I've missed you in the blogosphere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had such an amazing summer! It was worth it to take the time off and do all those fun things! You are looking fab as always. Love the overalls and heels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh, I'm so glad you're back and only a day after my comment! Yay, I'll pretend I was the reason you came back! I've missed you so much!!! So glad you are having a wonderful time at work (want to know more!) and had an amazing holiday- the camping sounds so exciting- more, more, more!!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome back. Congrats on your new job

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  10. I. AM. SO. GLAD. YOU GUYS. ARE BACK!!!!!

    I have enjoyed keeping up with you on social media but it is nice to see the blog in my news feed. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!!! I missed you both so much! I look forward to checking in with you three days a week. Also, you look amazing. New haircut?

    ReplyDelete
  12. So wonderful to see you back!

    I'm so glad you enjoyed your summer. Sounds like you were busy. I want to hear more about this fantastic dream job. Is there any openings? ; )

    I can see why you've chosen to just blog 3 days/ week.

    You're looking fabulous and rested : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you're back! I started reading your blog JUST before the hiatus. Sounds like an eventful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you're back! You pull of overalls FAB and for that I applaud you. (It's the trend I try every single season to no avail quite yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy you birds are back. Jeans that fit. That's definitely worth celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look incredible in your pictures and I loved your updates. I am so happy that you got a great new job. I am also kind of jealous. I am still searching for my dream job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! Welcome back. I've missed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay!!!!! So so so glad you're back! I'm so glad you have a job that you love, that is wonderful news and also very inspiring to those of us (*cough, me*) who feel like we're so far away from finding a dream job. Anyway, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad you're back! You have been up to so much, I'm glad you had such a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  20. More about the job, please!? And LOVE the new haircut!! It's inspiring me to try something new. You look 25!

    ReplyDelete