Wednesday, September 16, 2015

outfit of the day(bird): stuff and things




shirt~ Marshall's
jeans~ Gap
shoes~ Converse

Hey, everyone! How are you all doing? I hope you had a wonderful summer and are settling nicely into early fall. It's started to feel fall-ish even here in California, and that is making me happy. I missed you all while we were away, but I had a really nice and very busy but also quite relaxing summer. And now? Now it kind of a weird period of transition and change and confusion and anxiety and excitement in my life. Oh, did I mention anxiety? Yeah. Mimi started kindergarten this year and it's really going well. She absolutely loves it and is learning and thriving and growing right before my eyes. Upon picking her up after her first day, she ran out to greet me and exclaimed, "Kindergarten is AWESOME!" So, yeah, she is happy. And that makes me happy. Ben will start preschool next week, just three days a week. It's a parent participation co-op school, so I will have to work one school day a week as well as attend monthly meetings, work on the Arts & Crafts Committee, and take part other projects and events throughout the year. It is going to be a lot of work but I really think it will be an amazing experience for both of us. I am excited to see him blossom and flourish and learn and make new friends and become even more independent than he already is. As a stay-at-home mom with both kids in school, this leaves me at sort of a strange place in life. Of course, Ben is only part time right now and I am going to be heavily involved with his school and will also be volunteering as much as possible with Mimi's school, as well. But this transition has really got me thinking about my future and what it could and what I want for it to hold. And that's really scary because I'm not quite sure yet what I want to be when I grow up. That's a weird thing to experience at almost 36-years of age. I have days days when I feel really lost and scared and days when I feel motivated and excited and inspired and ready to conquer whatever is next. I am excited to be back at blogging so I can share in this new crazy journey with all of you. So, that's what's happening with me! What's new with you?

xoxo, nora bird

20 comments:

  1. Yay! Hi Nora! I'm so glad Mimi loves kindergarten, I had no doubts that she would though! Love your shirt! And I understand your anxiety - one day at a time my friend! (Easier said than done I realize).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back.
    Don't fret about what the future holds, one day you'll wake up and the answer will be there. In the meantime it sounds like you have a lot to be getting on with. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Embrace it! If I learned anything from working part time it is that time with your kids is so precious AND there is no harder job out there! I know you will be great with whatever you do. I am so glad that you guys are back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I am in the SAME EXACT situation as you. It's weird. And I'm a year older so... Hang in there momma. And really, isn't this what we've worked for our entire sahm-lives? Being SAHMs of kids that are in school. Now we can really own that "trophy wife" title we also have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice to see you guys back! Your hair is looking gorgeous. You are lucky to have the opportunity to be so involved in Ben's school. As I know, it is really hard to make new adult friends after a move. I bet you will make some great friends from this experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This change in the weather feels *heavenly*! OOTD with bikes are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to see you back : )

    I'm 49 and I still don't know what I want to be when I grown up. Sorry...that isn't the advice you were looking for is it? ; )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missed you!!! That pre-school sounds an interesting concept, I've not heard of that. So glad that Mimi is loving Kindergarten, it sounds like she's going to have a great year! Your pondering of what to do with life sounds daunting but I'm quite sure the path will become clear to you, not sure any advice I.could give!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is hard - I imagine I'll be in that same place once our kids are in school. I wonder if i'll go back to teaching or do something else! How wonderful that you can be involved at the kids' school - that's so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look incredible. I love your top.

    I am not a mom but I can kind of relate. I am still trying to figure out what to do with my life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nora! You look great, I love the print blouse with the sneakers. Glad it was a fun, busy, and relaxing summer all rolled into one! I'm sure it's such a change with Mimi being in school and Ben being in pre-school part time. (That pre-school sounds really awesome by the way.) If it makes you feel better I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up either! Maybe some of your sister's awesome-job-finding skills will rub off on us and we'll get it figured out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back! I've missed you SOOO much. Interesting how, with your kids now in school, your life will change. There will be free time and energy to devote to something else. I'm eager to see what you add to your life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! so glad you are back! Love this look , the tile print tee is adorable.
    Transitions are rough, but you and your two will thrive. The co-op school sounds like a great thing for all..
    I am sure you will continue to grow as a person. but lets hope you don't ever grow up! :)
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to see you back! Lots of changes! But you've got time to figure it all out, and it sounds like you'll still be pretty busy.
    Love this look, the top is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so glad you guys are back!! you were both missed so much. i love the update on the kiddos. you will figure it out and look great doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally get your not knowing what you want to be yet mind set. I have a job I like, bit it's not really. A career. And I mostly feel stuck. Anyway, we will both figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey girl! What up Cali girl!? LOL Oh life is so wonderful and full of so many beautiful and hard seasons. I know that the children will flourish and so will you in whatever you decide to do. Enjoy every moment and take good notes as there will be someone who needs them after you! Wink, wink.

    Cheers and I missed you too! On a side note: My oldest daughter is a Sophomore in High School, my youngest daughter is in 8th grade and my son is 4th grade! So, you can imagine my life now right?:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay!!! So glad you're back!! Love your top! It's beautiful!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your top! It's so cute and when you paired it with simple pieces it really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I tried commenting before but it wouldn't work. It's crazy how parallel our lives run, thousands of miles apart. I hope you find that special fulfilling something!

    ReplyDelete