Monday, September 21, 2015

outfit of the day(bird): date night!




top~ hand-me-down from my friend kerri
jeans~ The Limited
shoes~ thrifted
necklace~ Tess + Tricia

After almost 7 months living in California, Jim and I have finally found an awesome babysitter (insert confetti emoji!) and were able to have a date night on Friday. This is what I wore. We had reservations at this yummy tapas restaurant at 8pm, but went a little early to walk around, window shop, and grab a drink beforehand. Jim has been working non-stop and all hours for the last couple of months so it was really nice to have some time alone together to re-connect and talk without distraction as well as enjoy some good food and drinks. After dinner we decided to stop into this hole-in-the-wall bar a few blocks from our house. As it turned out, it was karaoke night (my favorite!) and, not only that, it was disco night. Almost everyone in the bar was decked out, head to toe, in their best Studio 54 wear. It was amazing. Everyone in the bar seemed to know each other and they all were so friendly and welcomed Jim and I with open arms. We had a couple of drinks and enjoyed the performances of our fellow partygoers. There may have even been a song sung by me. It was such a fun night and I am looking forward to our next date night, which we have decided we will have to happen at least every other week. 

How was your weekend?

xoxo, nora bird

13 comments:

  1. you look amazing. Glad you had a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look Amazing!!! So glad you had a fab time and found time for each other courtesy of great baby sitter!!!Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Good for you guys! I love date night. It has been far too long since Patrick and I have had a date. I cannot believe you have already lived out there for 7 months!! It seems like you just moved! I love this simple but sexy outfit! The back on that top! And the cute flats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on a weird computer right now so I will tag on to Robin's comment as I am sure she won't mind. I can't open my own box for some reason...
      Anyhoo, yay date night! I am so happy you got out for a date night. We went for one on Friday too and realized the same thing, we're not making enough time for that lately. I'm glad you found a sitter you like and trust and that you had a good time out! Hope you get more of that soon!

      Delete
  4. I love the peek of blue bandeau in the back. That sounds like an amazing date night. We are at the point where our oldest can watch our youngest for a few hours. We've been having date night at least once a week now. You're right that it is so nice to be able to talk without distractions or competing stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realized you're back to blogging - yay! Glad you found a sitter, and that you got a night out. Super cute date night outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a fun night! We need to squeeze more fun and romance into our lives. I love these pictures -- because of their artistry. I should buy a bicycle just to use as a prop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like such a fun night! Finding a good babysitter can be hard so when you leave your kids in good hands and can really enjoy yourselves it's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look amazing!! what a fun night! i love karaoke too--i'm having a little karaoke party tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh fun, I'm glad you found a sitter and that you got to have a date night! It sounds like the perfect one too! I love this look, it's the perfect mix of casual + date-night-glam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look both cute and chic in this outfit. Great for a date night. Hope you had a great time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the outfit 💕 Herfashiontoast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete