Tuesday, May 19, 2015

outfit of the day(bird): Nyquil

 
 
 
shoes, jeans ~ Target
shirt ~ thrifted
necklace ~ Tess + Tricia, gift from Nora
hat ~ TJ Maxx
 
 
Eva gave me her sick, so I have been taking Nyquil at night to get to sleep. I always have to warn Chris that I will be taking it because it knocks me out. Normally I'm "in charge" at night when the kids wake up, not because Chris won't do it, but because they usually just come to me when they have a nightmare or need anything. So, when I take Nyquil, he's in charge.
 
Except on Sunday night. I took my dose and was pleasantly sedated. Eva had a nightmare and came in to our room. I actually don't remember what happened, but I know I made her feel worse. You see, she came in and told me she had a bad dream. Normally what would happen is I would bring her in to bed with us and we'd talk about the dream, and I change the dream's ending to be good. That is what Eva was expecting. Instead, she shook me once, shook me twice, and I didn't wake up. Then apparently, I did wake up with a loud and kicking start, and promptly told her to go back to bed. Not only did I not comfort her, I probably scared her even more.
 
And then I woke up and realized what had happened. Eva was in her room crying and scared, and I came to my senses and had her come snuggle, so not all was lost. When we were up for the day, I explained to her why I had acted the way I did, and we had a good chuckle, and Chris of course apologized for not waking up. All was good.
 
xo,
megan bird
 
 


15 comments:

  1. Great outfit!

    And Nyquil is a monster, haha :) Glad that you were able to make it all better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wake up like that everyday ;)
    Glad is all turned out OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried those pants on and loved them but they were so long on me! they look perfect on you!! and I wish nyquil knocked me out like that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, that is exactly why I don't take Nyquil when I'm sick right now! Nate would do it if I needed him too, but I'm always on nighttime duty with Ollie for the most part! Poor Eva - but I'm glad you were able to still make it all better and that she understood! I'll have to tell you a story about my mom and Nyquil sometime - too long for this comment, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice..i love your jeans and top
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Oh my goodness. Poor Eva. But it happens! Don't worry about it. Glad it worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! Poor kiddo! I am glad that everything worked out, but that will be a hilarious story one day when she is older, haha.

    I love this look! So summery with that hat and the print on your top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids could have a party of elephants over to our house, and if I'm sleeping, I'll never hear it. Though amazingly, in an emergency situation, I wake up right away every time. Mama instinct overrides sleep I guess. Glad you were able to explain it to her afterward!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your outfit; it's so perfectly boho!

    Poor both of you; nightmares are no fun, and I know you felt bad about it - still, you handled it beautifully. Good for you Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahrgh, and this is why I feel CBC and would be bad parents- he would never wake up and I'm not sure I would! You are SUCH a good mother. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spring and summertime colds are the worst! At least you look great. Feel better soon! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! I take the occasional Ambien and have had ridiculous conversations that I don't remember! At least I don't Ambien eat or shop (at least that I remember.....). Love the wide leg pants. I just bought a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no...I've always worried about that happening if I take Nyquil (or drowsy allergy med) before bed too. I'm usually the one who hears Jona too (must be a mom thing). I'm glad everything turned out okay and you were able to comfort her. I hope you feel better!
    And those pants! Awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nyquil knocks the pants off me too.
    This is a funny, sweet story, and It did make me sad for just one moment , before it got all better.
    speaking of which , stay better!!
    Sick is no fun!
    xx, elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you knotted the shirt in the back. Great look. Don't forget the knot is back there when you sit and lean against it, tho. lol

    Too bad you needed that medicine to the point of hurting Eva's feelings. I'm glad it all got mended.
    ♥, renae

    ReplyDelete