Tuesday, May 12, 2015

outfit of the day(bird): napping in vegas




dress~ vintage, gift from little sister, Kristin
belt~ thrifted
jeans~ Levis
shoes~ Target

I mentioned on Friday that I was going to Vegas for the weekend. The trip was a lot of fun. I got to see my sister and my niece and my mom, plus Kristin's husband and his parents and brothers. It was a very relaxing trip since we were there to celebrate my niece's first birthday and not to party hardy Vegas style. We mostly just hung around my sister's house chatting, watching movies, eating, and napping. Okay, mostly my mom, sister, and niece napped and I did the other things. I seriously couldn't believe how much they napped. My niece I understood because she is only 1-year old and 1-year olds nap a lot. But I was making fun of my sister and mom all weekend and texting my other sisters photos I captured every time one of them would snooze. I took enough photos of them sleeping to make a little collage which I would share here if I didn't think they would kill me! Anyway, on my last morning there I ended up lying down in my sister's bed while she was getting ready and falling asleep. After making fun of them all weekend and talking about how I never nap, I woke up to a group text with all of my sisters and mom where Kristin had shared a photo of me snoozing away. So, I guess the joke was on me. But seriously, I've never met two adults who nap so much. (I know you're reading and I love you, Mom and Kristin! I hope this post didn't put you to sleep!)

Do you nap?
xoxo, nora bird

19 comments:

  1. I'm not a napper... I've tried but I just can't do it! Lol My sister cam nap anywhere anytime, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a napper... I've tried but I just can't do it! Lol My sister cam nap anywhere anytime, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm a napper... I wasn't when I was younger, but these days my body just stops and says "whoops, sleepy time now!" Stay away from me with that cellphone! ;-)

    So, the two of you have inspired me. On Mother's Day I went and had my hair cut really, really short (I love it!) and bought a bright aqua poncho-ish blouse, and long black and white skirt. It's a new, fun look for me; thanks for inspiring me to keep making bold choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I don't often nap but I wish I had more chance to; naps are refreshing. Glad you had a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! Gotcha!

    I really cannot nap. Unless I'm super hungover and then I don't nap, I sleep. I need to be in bed, with earplug, mouthguard, and eye mask. It's a whole thing. I wish I could just take a 20 minute nap anywhere.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family just makes me laugh - you're all too cute. And I love naps. I never used to until I became a mom - and now I can nap with the best of em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I would nap all day every day if I could. I just don't have the time! But I have let myself nap more with Reilly when I can because it is good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I go through phases where I'll take a 15-20 minute nap every day for a week and then go weeks without one. Pretty blue floral and the shoes go really well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this blouse...beautiful print and colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty dress. I nap once in a blue moon.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband naps but he has EPIC naps- like 4 hours! WHen he's supposed to be marking books! He then wakes up at midnight and has to mark- shame!
    I rarely nap- it happens once a year- I'm a definite 'go to bed in the night' kind of girl!
    Ha, this did make me laugh- I KNEW you were going to end with something like that!
    Really like your top- SUCH a pretty colour!x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't nap or I can't fall asleep at night - I'm so envious of anyone who can! Glad you had a fun weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely photos! Glad you had a fab visit with loved ones! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahah this totally made me think of my best friend. I always make fun of her because I swear she needs more sleep than anyone I've ever met before. She could sleep until noon and then take an afternoon nap... I do enjoy a good nap every now and again, but I'm one of those people who will set my alarm so I don't sleep too long. I hate feeling like I've wasted my whole day :)
    Glad you had fun, and I love that bright pretty top and those SHOES!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am not a napper at all. i could be doing something instead of lying there. my friend's family all naps. it was weird to kind of sit there while the whole house napped.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love to nap but somehow I can only ever do it when there is something on TV that I really want to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I only nap if I am really hung over other than that it never really happens, even if I try.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look amazing. I love your top. It is so beautiful and colorful.

    ReplyDelete