Thursday, May 21, 2015

outfit of the day(bird): my husband, the wine model




sweater, shoes~ thrifted
shorts~ b. (a resale shop)
necklace~ made by my lovely friend, Erin

The other night, on his way home from work and per the request of his ever loving wife, my husband stopped to pick up a bottle of wine. While he was there, perusing the shelves, a man walked up behind him and said something like, "Yes, yes. You will be perfect." If you know Jim, he of course agreed with the man immediately before even knowing what he was perfect for. But he was curious, so he turned around and asked, "Excuse me?" The man introduced himself as a wine rep for the store and told Jim that he would like to take a few photos of him holding a bottle of and drinking some Bulgarian wine. Jim, of course, asked why and the man told him that the photos would be on "some advertisements". Jim asked where these advertisements would be seen and the man told him, "Only in Bulgaria. I would like you to be the face of Bulgarian wine." And, well, Jim let him take the photos. So now he, my proud Irish American husband, is apparently the face of Bulgarian wine. This story will never stop making me laugh and, if I ever find myself in Bulgaria, I truly hope to see his face on all of the billboards.

Bonus: We totally got a free bottle of Bulgarian wine and I can assure you, it is as delicious as it's spokesman.

xoxo, nora bird

And because I love sharing outtake photos and because Ben's "WTH are you doing?" face is priceless in this one:

15 comments:

  1. That's hilarious. And now I need to hunt down some Bulgarian wine to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wine model story and Ben's sweet face made me smile! Lovely photos! That sweater is amazing! T. http://tickledpink@woman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, best story ever! The face of Bulgarian wine? Naturally! But hey, free wine is free wine right? And I LOVE the Ben picture - too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it means free wine, I will be the face of any and all wine companies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Good for Jim! How fun and funny! That last photo is really great--I just love Ben's face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That too cool. Ben is too cute

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is brilliantly hilarious!!! Go Jim!!!
    Ben is hilarious too!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The story and the outtake are both adorable. Now you have to go to Bulgaria and hunt down these advertisements! :)
    Also, love the wavy hair, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so stunning girl, love your style. Keep it up!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Follow me and let me know and I will follow you back sweetheart! ❤ Waiting for your reply.
    Love always,
    monikaozdoba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha! Both the story and the photo is hilarious!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is hysterical! The face of Bulgarian wine, they should be sending you a case a week!
    Speaking of models.. you are looking very lovely in these denim shorts and super cool striped sweater. Casual and sort of Hollywood.. I am not sure why..
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is random and so funny! Now you totally have to travel to Bulgaria. Your hair is looking so cute at this length. And love the scenery. Is that your yard?

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahahaha, Ben is so fun and cute! Is that a Pineapple necklace? ♥ renae

    ReplyDelete
  14. Obviously a little behind on blog reading but had to comment--this is hilarious!!!! And lil Ben is adorable here. 😘

    ReplyDelete