Friday, May 8, 2015

a bird's life: vegas bound

As you are reading this, I am probably on a plane to Vegas. Our little sister, Kristin, lives there with her husband and baby girl, who just turned one! I am going to visit them and celebrate my niece. My mom and Kristin's in-laws will be there, too. It will be nice to be around family for the weekend! And I will be back with my husbo and kids by Mother's Day evening, just in time for them to take me out to dinner! Yay! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!









~ Fact: When I see a mirrored window, I will force my family (or whomever I am with) to take a selfie with me.
~ Twinsies. (I can only do this for a little longer before it starts getting weird.)
~ Bike rides right before sunset are my favorite.
~ The Blackboard Bear books are Ben's favorites right now. He carries them around all day!
~ We tried Paneer Tikka pizza last weekend. Indian food+pizza? Yes, please!
~ I stick my phone in Jim's face and take our photo a lot. He only gets slightly annoyed which is how I know he loves me.
~ A lazy Sunday, my kitchen rug, and my favorite shoes.
~ Ben has started drawing actual little beings. I love this one's sweet dance moves.

xoxo, nora bird

13 comments:

  1. That little drawing - that is the cutest! And that pizza sounds super delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun! Enjoy your visit! And I love your pictures, I can't believe how much Ben has grown! Love his little drawing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip. I love how you and ben are matching.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun!

    The matching overalls is adorable! LOL

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is your twin picture! Love it.
    Hope you enjoes Vegas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish my husband was that tolerant. i asked him to take my photo in the park on the way home for the blog and I instead got a 10 minute rant-ette about how he is not comfortable taking my pictures just to serve the needs of the internet- grrrrrrr!
    That is SUCH a sweet picture of you and Mimi!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day Birds!!! Hope you both (all) have a wonderfully pampered day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS That picture of you and Ben in overalls is my favorite ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The twinsies shot is too stinkin' cute, love it! Have a wonderful time, and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great plan to visit Vegas to see family ( and a baby !! :) and them be back at home for mothers day! Love the photo of your both wearing those overalls! LOVE it!
    That pizza sounds yum, i love both pizza and Indian food.
    Happy Mother's day!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're positively beaming in these pictures - California looks good on you :) I was gonna comment on your great hat, but then i loved the overalls picture -- but probably the best is how happy the whole family looks. have a great time on your trrrip :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a fab time! I love these adorable pics! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i had no idea you had a sis in vegas! i thought everyone lived in MN except for you. well dang. i enjoyed seeing your pics on IG!

    ReplyDelete