Thursday, April 9, 2015

outfit of the day(bird): great friends and writer's block




dress~ b. (a resale shop)
shoes~ Converse

I just texted my sisters and asked if they had any funny stories that I could share on the blog today because I am having complete writer's block. They didn't come up with much. At least nothing that I will share here! My sisters have hilarious stories to share but they are probably not appropriate for a public blog. ANYWAY...I think my problem is that I am still coming down from the high (not literally, I swear) of having visitors over Easter weekend. We had such a fun, full weekend and it has been hard to get back to reality. Some of our dearest friends drove up from Santa Barbara and stayed with us all weekend. They have a son the same age as Mimi and those two have been best friends since birth. We haven't seen them in months and it was a really great visit. It was so fun to see all the kids playing together and to just hang out, relax, and enjoy a pretty lazy weekend. We ate and drank too much and laughed a ton all weekend long. It was just what I needed after the stress of the move. Great friends = the best.

I hope you're all having a great week!

xoxo, nora bird

18 comments:

  1. I love that aztec shift Nora and it looks perfect with the little white sneakers. Hope you are enjoying your new place! =)) Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that print, and how relaxed and carefree you're looking... so glad your weekend was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very, very cute. i am loving your CA pics and you're making me want to move out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look happy, which is important. I was so worried about the effects of your move. Do I need to get on a plane again to hear those funny stories? If so, I will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect weekend.

    Just look at all that blue sky and sunshine!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like the best kind of weekend! Do they live in Santa Barbara? I am guessing that means you'll get to see them a little more often! Love the dress and please send us some sunshine! It's raining here again, though I am just hoping it means spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have suffered from writer's block as of late too. I am glad that you had a great Easter weekend. I loved seeing the pics of Mimi and her friend on IG. A couple of cuties! Love the tennies with your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those outdoor CA pics of you! And so glad that you had a lovely Easter with good friends - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you dress is super fun. Glad you had a fun weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  10. See, you found something to write about! That dress is really pretty- I like the rainbowy hues it has!x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yay, I'm glad you got to have visitors to your new CA home! Fun! Love the dress + sneaks combo. I just got a pair of white chucks too and can't wait to pair them with dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes all you need is a great printed dress and to keep everything else simple. I also had the chance to visit college friends two weeks ago and it was hard getting back to the real world without them :(

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, that dress is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so glad you have helpful, fun friends in California. Of course, you do! You are charming where ever you go. Such a cute, casual dress and the shoes look so comfy.

    ♥renae
    renaesrepertoire.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. all these sun-drenched photographs are gorgeous. love this dress, and love love love good long weekends with close friends <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, there is nothing like seeing old friends. Love this patterned dress ( great gams girl !) , and your sneakers are such fun!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete