Monday, April 27, 2015

inspiration monday: trickery

the inspiration
Britt Robertson

megan bird



 tank ~ Target
pants ~ Forever 21
shoes ~ Guess, thrifted
sunglasses ~ Francesca's

nora bird



 tunic ~ Forever 21
pants ~ thrifted
shoes ~ DSW

Every year, our kids' school has a Spring Fling fundraiser, and every year, Chris and I go and spend a ton of money on auctions, drinks, and good causes. One of the fun parts of the event is that people host parties, and you can pay to sign up for them. Chris and I always participate in a Cross Fit competition party, and we've signed up for other fun ones, too.
I always want to sign up to actually have one of the parties at our house. Every year Chris says no. I know I have told you before that Chris is a very open and welcoming person, but he is also an introvert. He gets nervous around new people, or at least the thought of new people, because if I'm being honest, after 5 minutes, he is besties with everyone. Anyhow, my point is that he has never agreed to have a party with me, and I have never pushed it too much.
But, this weekend, we had an impromptu neighborhood party. It started at about 4:00 and by about 5:00, my neighbors were doing shots of Beam on the lawn. I had to be sober cab because Henry was at a birthday party.

So, at 10:00, when we got home from the party, I said to Chris, "how fun would it be to have a lip sync party for Spring Fling?" And he said, "YES! That would be amazing...you should email and volunteer us!" So at 10:00 on a Saturday night. I emailed the leader of the Spring Fling committee and made it so. And this morning, when Chris woke up and disputed our decision, it was too late.

xo,
megan bird

For next week's inspiration monday picture, click here.

15 comments:

  1. I love this! Mark's an introvert, too. I should try this, here. LOL! Loving the renditions. I need a geometric print top in B&W as I do adore them. Thanks for hosting this soiree! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strike while the iron is hot! Smart move. Chris's personality sounds just like mine.

    BTW, I have to confess that I love this outfit. It's what I would wear if I was as cute as you. (Sadly...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sneery move - I like it. :) Nora - I need those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. y'all look gorgeous, as always. love the inspirations. i'm an introvert but i love throwing parties. go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, well played Megan! And I love the idea of a lip sync party, that would be awesome.

    Love the looks on both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these tops are very cool..the last tunique is fab

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Now that is the way to get things done. That sounds like it will be loads of fun! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Good for you. It will probably be a blast and a first of many.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you guys had a great party.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/fashion/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, that is really funny!! WHat on earth IS this lip-syncing thing though? I thought it was supposed to be a bad thing!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi You Two!
    I love Britt Robinson. Loved her in "Dan in Real Life". Great ensembles you, two. I was planning on posing and still might link so, if I feel better tomorrow. The best thing about blogging is you can pretty much do it if you are just commenting and writing while ill. Best job from home!
    Come see wedding photos on my post now, k, please. yay!
    ♥renae
    renaesrepertoire.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh you two are hot mamas in these black and white tops! Hehe...good work Megan on getting Chris to agree to a party. No doubt it will be a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this story--you're a true opportunist! And, as usual, you both rocked this inspiration Monday look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ya, I linked today. I'm a bit slow. Picked up a virus. yay. {not really yay}. So I'm here today.
    Thanks for the compliments toward my cutie niece. Her sister gets married the end of May. Crazy wedding-ness going around.

    ♥renae
    renaesrepertoire.com

    ReplyDelete