Wednesday, April 1, 2015

a bird's life

Since I haven't had much time to attempt a DIY lately, I figured that I would post a few photos from our time in Cali, so far. If you follow me on Instagram then these may be repeats for you. But hey, now you can see them bigger! Unless you are reading this on your phone. Then you can see them even smaller!











~ The little plant was a housewarming gift and it instantly made my house feel more homey.
~ A peek at Ben's room.
~ A day at the beach in Santa Cruz.
~ Leona, my lemon tree. I love her.
~ The first real meal I cooked in our new house.
~ Some flowers from our garden, picked for me by Jim and Mimi.
~ Leona's plentiful bounty which became a big batch of lemonade.
~ This has basically been my #ootd for the last week and a half. All comfy, all the time.
~ I can't resist a bright, colorful wall photo-op. The wall belongs to a super yummy falafel restaurant.
~ My favorite tree in our neighborhood. Isn't she a beaut?

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
xoxo, nora bird

13 comments:

  1. Your spices and food look all so pretty and organized and I love those floral shorts very much.

    Ohhh and I was able to link up this week - yeaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like it is agreeing quite nicely with you--look at those legs! no pants for cold weather. woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all gorgeously wonderful! Had a friend who lived in San Diego; she sent me the most wonderful lemons from her tree every year; they made the most perfect lemonade. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm so jealous! Of everything. Looks like you are living a life in a magazine.

    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like CA is treating you pretty well. So glad it's off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous of Leona! Looks like she's treating you well so far - as well as the rest of Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved them on IG and I love them here. Still so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luckily I'm reading on the computer today so it was nice to see everything bigger. :) A couple thoughts I may or may not have shared on Instagram: I love that print for Ben's room. Your lemon tree is the cutest. I love your bright toes and bright walls. And I love that tree. Cali livin' is lookin' good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i still can't sign in other than as renae of simple sequins ... -p

    Nora!
    I love all of these and I think I "hearted" each one on Ig. I may have missed a few, ya know but still recall many. You are so fortunate to have this new climate, home, restaurants {i love california restaurants} and the beach!
    love to you today my friend(s),
    ♥renae

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures! Looks like y'all are enjoying California :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you shared some California pics with us--they're even better on the "big screen"! Leona is fabulous...look at all those lemons! And I love the little peek at Ben's room. Hope you're enjoying your time there so far!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES, yes, & yes! i like this post nora. i'm glad you're living it up in the golden state. is it bad that i'm a little jealous? but really i'm super happy for you. :) everything's so pretty you included.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous photos! I love the lemon tree!
    You look so slim and relaxed in your OOTD, I would also wear that for a few days...
    Your kids are so cute,
    Ah SoCal... a wonderful spot just to BE!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete