Tuesday, March 3, 2015

outfit of the day(bird): stairmasters

 
 
 
jeans ~ Target
shoes ~ Shoedazzle
earrings, necklace, top ~ Francesca's
 
Three coworkers and I have been climbing stairs at work. We started on National Heart Day, and then decided we should keep doing it. Every day, we walk up and down 32 floors, twice a day. We now walk one, run two, and we even carry weights as we do it. Am I bragging? Maybe a little. But not really.
 
It's a funny sight to see, we all meet in the stairwell and take our top layers off. I usually wear a tank under whatever it is I am wearing because as you can imagine, I get a bit sweaty doing this. Yesterday, without thinking too much, I wore a very light, very tight, sort of see-through tank under my shirt. But since I am comfortable with these ladies, and since no one ever really uses the stairs in our building, I donned the skimpy tank for the workout. 
 
Lo and behold, we got to our floor when we were done and the keycard wouldn't work. We were locked out. We had to walk back down to the main floor, run outside, walk back inside through the lobby, up the escalator, and back to a second stairwell, all in a very busy building in downtown Minneapolis. Me, in my see-through, skin-tight tank, 5 pound weights in each hand, dress pants, and tennis shoes. For all to see.
 
It's all for heart health, though, so I can't be too embarrassed.
 
xo,
megan bird


12 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! You've got spunk woman. And I'm sure legs of steel.

    Typical though that on the day you don't want something like that to happen it inevitably does. Some people probably thanked their lucky stars for being in the vicinity : )

    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine this scene and it's making me chuckle! But hey, it's in the name of health like you said! I only have three floors at my building, but I've been getting up once and hour and going up and down the stairs a couple of times, it really is great exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a great idea and running stairs is such a great workout - always gets my heart pumping!

    Also - this outfit is too cute! Love your top + necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That is awesome though! You always have a great story to tell too :) I love the top here! It makes me think of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Well that is good for you guys and worth bragging about. And I wouldn't worry too much about the shirt. Those that noticed, probably didn't mind or understood. I applaud you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love it. You look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, i thought only i got myself into those kinds of situations! yes...all in the name of a healthy heart! good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, i thought only i got myself into those kinds of situations! yes...all in the name of a healthy heart! good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 32 floors! I'm impressed, and what a convenient way to get a work-out in, on the way to work! Love this blouse, and the necklace is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute story! Indeed it's all for health; so, laugh and enjoy! Love your fab lace top--lovely pics! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stairs are a great (and draining) workout. 32 floors is way beyond my capacity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I climb stairs daily and it always keeps me running and healthy. That crochet tunic is gorgeous and looks lovely with the turquoise pendant, Megan.

    ReplyDelete