Tuesday, March 17, 2015

outfit of the day(bird) flashback: march 19, 2013

This is kind of a fun flashback post because it is what I was wearing exactly two years ago to the day! In Mexico! Lucky two-years-ago-me.




dress~ c/o Fashionologie
clutch~ vintage, two birds
necklace~ Etsy, gift from jim
sandals~ Steve Madden

This is another outfit from our trip to Mexico. I wore this dress to the rehearsal dinner for the wedding we were attending. The dinner didn't start until 7pm, it was outside, it was dark, and I was sitting almost the entire night. This made me sad because no one really got to see my dress and I really love this dress. Megan and I found it at Fashionologie about a week before my trip and I knew immediately upon seeing it that I would be taking it to Mexico. After both Megan and I tried it on, we decided it was the sisterhood of the traveling dress. It fit us both perfectly (which is unusual for us with dresses, mainly because Megan has the tiniest rib cage known to man and can fit into the teeniest dresses.) and, not only that, it actually gave me the illusion of curves! I dream of having the curves that my sisters were blessed with. In this dress, I felt almost as though I had inherited my mom's curvy genes rather than my dad's straight up and down body. I knew my flat butt and lack of hips were hidden under there, but at that moment I felt sexy and curvy. And that is all I ask for from a dress. That's not to much to ask, right?

xoxo, nora bird

5 comments:

  1. And I wonder how often your sisters envied your body type? Grass is always greener...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you originally posted this! I thought that was an amazing dress then and I still do! And hey, hair inspiration for me - I loved yours like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful dress--perfect for a wedding or a vacation! I wish I was in Mexico right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress on a gorgeous lady. :) And yeah, Mexico sounds pretty good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect dress for Mexico.. or anywhere. The colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete