Tuesday, March 31, 2015

outfit of the day(bird): california living




tee~ gift from my sister, Kristin
jeans~ Levis
shoes~ Converse
necklace~ gift from my mother-in-law

I'm back! I missed you all so much. I have tried keeping up with all of your blogs throughout the last two weeks, but I haven't been doing the best job. I promise I am back in the blogging saddle now! Thank you so much to Megan Bird for being so amazing and (wo)manning the blog on her own so I could get a bit settled after the big move.

Well, we are finally here. Now you all don't have to listen to me talk about how I am moving to California because we finally moved. It felt like the longest process ever. But we are here now and we are really enjoying it so far. I think we are still kind of in the honeymoon phase. It still feels like a bit of a vacation and it hasn't quite sunk in yet that we are actually California residents. The first few days were sort of rough. A lot of unpacking and figuring out how to fit all of our stuff into a bit of a smaller space (hint: you don't). That ended in lots of trips to Goodwill to donate items that didn't fit or we no longer need. We got the kids rooms set up and all of their toys unpacked first, just to let them feel a bit more settled and start adjusting to their new home. The rest is still coming along, slowly but surely. But I really love our new place. I am excited to show you around once we have everything set up and looking the way we want it to. Other than that, we have been exploring our new neighborhood and the surrounding areas. We have had a trip to the beach, taken some hikes, tried a lot of new and delicious restaurants, checked out local farmer's and flea markets, played in the nearby parks, and have really been enjoying the beautiful weather that California has been giving us lately. I wish I could move my entire Midwest family and whole crew of friends here with me! That's definitely something we are missing a whole lot. But we really are loving this new adventure we are on! I am excited to have you all along for the ride.

xoxo, nora bird

17 comments:

  1. It's so good to see you again, and definitely look much less stressed! Welcome back to blogland! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are settling in! What a big change, but a super exciting one! I can totally see how it would still feel like a vacation, but you get to live there, it'll sink in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear all about your new adventures! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER cute outfit! You look like you belong! I can't wait to see pics of the new place, from what I've seen so far, it is super cute! I have missed The Birds so much this month! You two are one of my favorite blogs. I hope that everything is going well with both of your families. <3 xoxox ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your move! Hope you're settling in. Love your cute outfit!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are enjoying it so far! Our friends just moved to California in September and I think they are still in honeymoon phase too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, I'm glad you are settling in! I love seeing palm trees in the background of your pictures, that is so fun! You look fantastic and I can't wait to see more of your new place! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful! I'm so glad there were no major issues with the move.

    It tried to snow here 2 days ago. So really enjoy that weather!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still jealous! I wish my job would transfer me to California!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds so amazing! I am so jealous and so excited for you! I have loved seeing the snippets of your decorating on IG and can't wait to see the whole thing! I love that you have a lemon tree in your backyard!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad to hear you are settle in fine. I know you have to enjoying the weather.

    www.amysfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello lovely! We missed you!!! So glad you are back and I am glad you are enjoying the honeymoon phase!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay!! New state, same terrific style. Enjoy your new home and post when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to hear you're loving your new home and surroundings! It sure appears the move is treating you well, Nora! Hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very well written, Nora! Moving is always weird for a while. We have been here 3.5 yrs and it is just finally feeling like OUR home, ya know? Your adventures etc., sound perfect. You should have a Savers near by, too. ♥
    renae of
    renaesrepertoire.com
    {even tho is says 'simple sequins'}
    Your comment options need to
    offer "Name/Url" to the drop down box.
    I know, I know. annoying. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay!! California sounds like a fun place to live!! The sky is so blue!!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete