Friday, March 6, 2015

mama bird: preschool


Yesterday was an emotional day. We had Mimi's going away party at school and it was so sweet and I shed quite a few tears. If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, then you may have already seen the above photo. This was Mimi's gift from her classmates. Each of the children gave her a stone that they had made a wish upon for her. They also gave her a purse in which to carry her wishes always and a little fairy to guard her wishes. It was such a thoughtful gift and made my heart so warm. 

Her school and the community we have built and friends we have met through her preschool experience is something I am going to miss terribly when we move. Of course, this would have been her last year there as she is starting kindergarten in the fall, but these are definitely friends we will keep in touch with and visit when we are in Minnesota. Her school is a magical place where she has met Mother Nature, taken lantern walks through the falling snow, seen fairies dancing, created and sewn creatures from felt, learned to bake bread, played in the mud and snow and rain and sunshine, gotten dirty, danced around a Maypole, celebrated Harvest, learned songs and blessings and manners, read stories, had puppet shows, ignited her imagination, and made amazing friends. And so much more. We are so lucky to have found this amazing school and Mimi has really blossomed and grown through her experience there. I am truly sad that Ben will not attend the school next year. I know he would have loved it so much and I would have been so happy to be a part of the community for another couple years. That said, we have promised to come back and visit whenever we are in town.







~ Her very first day of school ever.
~ Harvest Festival.
~ Lantern Festival.
~ Meeting Mother Nature.
~ One of the many crafts she's created. (She and her classmates even made the paper!)
~ Her first day of school, 2014.

xoxo, nora bird

17 comments:

  1. What sweet photos and memories, and what a great gift from her friends! A good pre-school makes so much difference, and this looks like one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet going away gift! Her preschool sounds like an amazing place to grow and build memories. I can see why you would be sad to leave it, but Mimi also sounds like the kind of caring, smart, and creative girl who will succeed anywhere she goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so precious!! the going away wishes made me tear up! i'm hoping you will find something as spectacular in your new digs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweetest! What a wonderful foundation that was laid for Mimi that I am sure will carry her to the next phase..Kindergarten!!

    We have also moved when our oldest was leaving Preschool and going to Kindergarten. These were bittersweet days that prepared her to flourish in Kindergarten in her new state, city, school, etc. It will all be fine, Mama! I recently found pictures of her Preschool farewell the other day! **Sigh**

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the sweetest post. I'm sure it's bittersweet for you, with lots of goodbyes, and new hellos to make. I sure will miss seeing you at MN events! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thoughtful gift! As and adult I'd like it : )

    Goodbyes are hard, but there is a life of new adventures awaiting the whole family.

    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This school sounds absolutely amazing :)
    www.olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, now I'm going to cry. What a sweet gesture. I hope she will stay friends with them for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll have to tell me what school this is - I know I don't live close to where you are now, but it might be worth it to me to drive to get Ollie into such an amazing preschool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet, and Mimi is precious. This does sound like an amazing school, and I can only hope I'm able to find something as awesome as this when it's time for Jona to start preschool. And the going away party and gifts...cue all the tears.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds a wonderful environment to learn in and how lucky she got to experience it.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, so sweet. It really sounds like a wonderful school. And she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw it's so nice that she had a great first start to school! I'm sure she will be missed. I remember when I left my school to move, my classmates sent the best farewell ever! It was so nice :)
    Olivia | Her Name Was Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at how tiny she was on her 1st ever day of school! How quickly they grow. What wonderful memories she'll have of her time there--that school sounds amazing. I'm sure the next week will be filled with tears (& laughs) but don't forget to come back to visit lots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what??? i blinked my eyes & now she's big. you must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete