Sunday, March 1, 2015

inspiration monday: deal or no deal?

the inspiration
Gigi Hadid
megan bird
 
 
 
jeans ~ Target
boots ~ b. (a resale shop)
t-shirt, vest, coat ~ thrifted
necklaces ~ Francesca's, Claires
sunglasses ~ Francesca's
hat ~ NY & Co.
 
nora bird
 
 
sweater ~ Stitch Fix
jeans ~ Gap
boots ~ Sam Edelman
sunglasses ~ Target
 
I was shopping for Chris' birthday last week on Nordstromrack.com. (OK, I was also browsing for myself.) I found him a few small items, and then I found an amazing pair of boots for myself on clearance. I went to check out, and saw a prompt telling me that if I spent $100, I'd get free shipping. So I continued to shop, just to get that stupid free, maybe $9 shipping. And in turn, I ended up spending $60 more than I would have had I not continued to shop.
 
But I got free shipping.
 
Am I the only one who does this?
xo,
megan bird
 
For next week's inspiration picture, click here.

15 comments:

  1. Been there more times than I can count! LOL! Love the style renditions! A black coat, jacket or cardigan is a great wardrobe essential, IMO. :) Thanks for hosting this link up! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes, I'd rather spend the money on something I get to keep than on shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always do that kind of stuff! It doesn't take much arm twisting to get me to keep shopping though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I think everyone does that--that's where they get you!! But I hope you got some good stuff! Love both of your cozy looks--Megan, you looks so cute in that slouchy beanie and Nora I LOVE that sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I do that all the time! But as I said on Instagram yesterday, sometimes you gotta treat yo'self! Love both of your looks today ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both are always looking SO chic! Love both of these styles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You both look wonderful as always! I love the jeans and shoes.
    I too may or may not order to get the free shipping, especially when I am only $5 dollars or so away from it! No judgment here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guilty, guilty, guilty. Every single time. LOL Everyone always says this is a ploy, but I like to think of it as a bonus. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I've probably done that!!! ha ha!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The things we'll do to get free shipping...like continuing to shop. :) You both look adorable, fun to be reading your blog again--I've missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Almost. Every. Single. Time.

    www.olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do it all the time. You both look great

    P.S. My blog has moved to http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do that sometimes, but not always. But it is normal I am sure.!
    Love these looks on both of you, but Nora I want you to wear a coat! ;(
    Love the sweater though, and I could not see it with the coat on.
    Great inspiration, fabulous casual outfit, done to perfection!
    stay warm@
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um, yeah. I do it all of the time. You both look so cute. I love both looks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man...they suck me in every time with crap like that. LOVE the booties though : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete