Monday, March 9, 2015

inspiration monday: another birthday week

the inspiration
 
megan bird
 
 
 
pants ~ Forever 21
blouse, hat, vest ~ TJ Maxx
sunglasses, necklace ~ Francesca's
boots ~ Stuart Weitzman via Second Debut
 
nora bird
 
 
 
shirt ~ Marshalls
jeans ~ Levi's
shoes, necklace ~ thrifted
hat ~ TJ Maxx
 
Chris and I both took Friday off to celebrate his birthday. Yes, right when mine ends, his begins. He is 16 days younger than me (17 on a leap year). I planned a fun day that started with shopping (it always does), followed by pedicures (with a hot stone massage), lunch (Lebanese...yum), and a few hours at a fun indoor park. We played on bumper cars, shot 18 holes of putt putt golf, went to the batting cages, and won a ton of tickets at the arcade (which bought up some amazing fake vampire teeth). We then went to happy hour, followed by dinner at a fun food truck turned brick and mortar restaurant downtown. It was so much fun, so relaxing, and it made me feel like a kid again. If only for a few hours!

How was your weekend?
 
xo,
megan bird
 
Next week will be a look back at old blog posts....nora bird is packing and moving, so we're taking a little break. However, we will be posting some of our favorite old posts. Click here for next week's retro inspiration picture.


17 comments:

  1. What a fabulous birthday celebration! So glad you both had fun. You and Nora nailed this inspiration outfit perfectly. I was happy to pull out a fave pair of black slacks in a lighter fabric--made me believe spring could truly arrive soon. :) Thanks for hosting this link up! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice way to spend his birthday. And I love these black wedge boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a fun day, definitely not a bad way to spend a birthday! Love both of your looks--Megan, that top, love it! Nora, that hat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you get to extend the celebrations - our March is nothing but birthday fun here. :) Good luck with all the packing N!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi dear, i love these outfits..cool and easy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Sounds like a BLAST.

    I love the boho vibe here.

    All your snow is melting! I'm so jealous. I'm hopeful that this week some of ours will disappear. Spring has to come at some time....right?

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw that sounds like so much fun!!! Patrick and I's birthdays are similar--eight days apart. I love hearing all of these fun couple things you do. In fact, I don't remember which sister does the scavenger hunt but I really want to do that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of your outfits! Megan has a such cute vest and Nora has a very interesting necklace!

    Alena & http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you guys do birthdays - and you remind me of me and Nate that way, because our birthdays are well a day apart, so we do a lot of celebrating too!

    I can't believe you're moving so soon now Nora! I hope the packing is going well, let me know if I can do anything to help! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, sounds such fun! I love the ideas you have!
    I WILL join in but not today, I have an outfit but not got around to the post and uploading photoo etc yet!xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a fun day! I'm a little envious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You both are making me want to run out and buy a hat this second.

    www.olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what a fun birthday celebration! You both look so cute in your wedges. And good luck to Nora on the move!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely LOVED this look of Cara's on the red carpet the moment I saw it, so I'm happy to see today a few ways for us "normal folk" to re-imagine it and wear it. I'll have to take the inspiration I got from you two and check my own closet out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love your blouse, Megan! And loved following along with the birthday celebrations on Instagram--so fun! Coming off of a little break I will say, sometimes it's needed. Good luck Nora--packing is pretty much my least favorite thing to do. But unpacking & organizing/decorating a new house is my favorite...so have fun with that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cara Delevigne is a hard look to replicate, but y'all pull it off well -- i hope you went somewhere fun with those great outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like both your versions better than the inspiration. don't i always say that? i also like how they look completely unique & different from each other. that's cause y'all have your own personal style. sounds like you & chris had a grand time celebrating. nora, i don't envy the moving.

    ReplyDelete