Tuesday, March 17, 2015

bird takes flight

 
My wish for Nora on the eve of her big move:
 
~ I hope you meet lots of new and interesting people.
~ I hope you discover new and interesting places.
~ I hope any fear you have of being away from your family dissipates the minute you land in California and see the 189 texts from us. You will soon realize that being 1900 miles away really doesn't feel that much different.
~ I hope that for at least the next two years, you never have to wear a winter jacket.
~ Unless you're borrowing one when you're home for Christmas.
~ And maybe my occasional birthday.
~ I hope you find at least one person in California who will sing karaoke with you.
~ Hopefully more.
~ I hope your kids make fabulous friends.
~ I hope our kids will write real pen and paper letters to each other.
~ I hope you are never lonely.
~ And if you are, check your texts.
~ I hope you love your new home, with your citrus trees and your garden. I think this new place is right up your alley and I truly think you will love it.
~ I really, really do hope you love it. All of it.
~ But not enough that you guys stop considering moving home at some point.
 
I love you, Nora....and while I'm going to miss you like crazy, I am so incredibly excited for you and can't wait to see where your new adventures take you. Enjoy!!
 
 
xo,
megan bird


17 comments:

  1. Big hugs to you, Nora, as you begin this wonderful journey. Hugs to you both on this bittersweet occasion. My sisters are many miles apart, but we love texting and talking on FB frequently. We have big fun, too, when we do. :) xx T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon voyage, Nora!! I regret not being able to sing karaoke with you one more time before you left, but I hope to see you when you're back for a visit! Best of luck with the move - California's going to be fantastic! Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... how sweet. The mixed emotions of this big move are palpable. Sadness, yet excitement. Leaving family, yet new possibilities. I'm sure you and Nora will stay close and find new ways to communicate. Best wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big hugs to both of you... enjoy your new adventure Nora; relish your nest Meghan. XoXo

    Pssst, visit Bodega Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HUGS to Nora for her new adventure and HUGS to Megan and fam! I want a citrus tree in my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great list of wishes for your sis. I too hope she enjoys this adventure. I'm vicariously living my dream through her! : )

    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet post and I echo all of those wishes for you dear Nora! I wish we had had a chance to hang out one more time, but I know you'll be back for visits! I can't wait to see all the amazing pictures of your new place and new adventures! Best of luck to you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet list. Good luck to you Nora! You'll be missed here in MN, but I know great things await. And I'm so glad we'll be able to continue to "chat" via this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I'm not a crier, but this totally made me well up. What a sweet send off. I know you two will miss each other--I can't imagine being a plane ride away from my sister. But it is a good reason to go to the beach and I know you guys will keep in touch and be ok. Nora is going to have a great time in Cali! You two are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such a bitter sweet thing. Best wishes to Nora and her family. And I hope you don't miss her too much :-(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your adventure Nora! So hard saying goodbye.

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww. A lovely tribute.

    Good luck in Cali, Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is lovely Megan and I hope all this for you too Nora!x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful list of wishes. Good luck, Nora--I'm so happy we're friends & I can support you from afar as you make this big transition. And Megan--my wish for you is to lean on your friends--we're not your sister but we'll still go to karaoke & sing with you--or, in my case, I'll cheer really loud for you! Love you ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh, the sting of tears in my eyes. You two are beautiful, kind and lovely ladies. All the best, Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful and sweet and sad and I love it. Good luck to you Nora and I hope all these wishes come true for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww this is so sweet!! Good luck Nora! Can't wait to hear more about your new adventures!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete