Tuesday, February 10, 2015

outfit of the day(bird): sold and messy




sweater~ Etsy, gift from Jim
jeans~ thrifted
necklace~ Tess+Tricia, gift from Jim
shoes~ Michael Kors via Second Debut

If you are friends with me on Facebook or Instagram, than you might already know that we sold our house. It happened way faster than we thought it would and, I must admit, I now wish we had just a little more time! It's very bittersweet. Of course, I am happy to have sold the house and to be done with showings and keeping the house in tip-top shape and constantly having to clean. In fact, it's kind of funny how fast after we got the offer and everything was approved and finalized that the house once again became a mess. Nothing crazy. Just the little messes that come with having small children and toys and books and laundry and unmade beds and everything that I was so good about keeping tidy and put away before. Now, I look around and it once again looks like a series of tiny tornados have spun through each room. At first, it bothered me a little. Going from pristine to untidy takes a bit of adjustment. But I am okay with it now. It's normal life and I like that. Now we have to get ready to move on to the next step in this adventure. I am not sure I am ready, but I had better get there soon. We will be on that plane to California before I know it! But for now, I think I will leave those dirty dishes in the sink and ignore that pile of clean laundry waiting to be folded and go lie in my unmade bed and relax. For now.

xoxo, nora bird

19 comments:

  1. Go relax, you've earned it! LOVE those shoes, yes yes I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, must've hit send accidentally because I was trying to add 'Congratulations on making the sale'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why but I worry about you during this time of domestic disruption. Maybe I can hear your anxiety in the sound of your... writing. Stay calm, let your friends and family help you. Hopefully at some point the change will start to become fun and exciting. Good luck, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you sold your house only because I know how stressful it can be and it can take some people a very long time - but sad for me because I will miss you! But I know I'll get to see you at least a couple more times before you go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats with changes! And yes keeping everything clean makes me insane sometimes.
    very nice look - love the soft yellow

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done. it'll all work out perfectly I'm sure. finding time to up your feet up is part of the process :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay on selling the house! And you look so cute in this sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that--congrats! And I am sure it is a little uneasy to go to being untidy but also a relief to not constantly be on tidy patrol. That is so exciting! I love these heels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw that on IG - how exciting for you guys! Although, selling your home is never easy, it is nice to be over the keeping your house clean 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh nora, i was kinda sad to see your house had sold! i love your MN updates and running into you and getting your perspective on all things minnesotan. still, it must be a relief the house is sold, and so that's good. too bad you couldn't of sped the move up to avoid these winter days, huh? but, good news is you'll have year-long sunshine from here on out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for selling your house!

    http://mimiandchichi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photos! The shoes are gorgeous. Congrats on selling the house!

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on selling your house--what a relief! But sad for all of us Minnesotans who are gonna miss you like crazy... Wait. Do they have the internet in Cali?! I guess I'll still be able to get my Nora-fix at least online, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hurrah for selling and now relax x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on selling your house! And you deserve a break from the constant tidying, so enjoy :) Love this look--those shoes are FAB. You always have awesome shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats on selling the house!! i know that's one big checkmark off the list. whew!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAY! Congrats! This is huge. I know how this feels being through it so many times. I was just thinking today that thank god we're not currently selling our house because our floors are so dirty from all of the snow, sand, and salt that is getting tracked in. And I didn't make my bed today either. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Crazy awesome SHOES, Nora!!!! Ya, now relax and wait for the time to attack the next phase. Best advice someone gave me once when we were going to move:
    • Pack a suit case for each person in your family and that case goes with you /them {well obviously you'll be flying - i think? - but ya} and so when the first night arrives and you are in your new home you don't have to rifle through boxes to find the children's tylenol or the Icy Hot or some odd commodity. Only pack two outfits per person, jammies, towels and all the meds that person would commonly need, etc. MAN THAT WAS A LIFE SAVER on our last two moves. hope that helps!! ♥

    ReplyDelete