Tuesday, February 24, 2015

outfit of the day(bird): it's really real




blazer~ b. (a resale shop)
shirt~ H&M
jeans~ Levis
hat~ TJ Maxx
boots~ DSW

Thanks to all of the good housing vibes you sent my way, we got the house in California! We now have an address in California. It suddenly makes everything seem so real! Also, way more scary. But I am getting a bit more excited. I love the house. I am excited to get there and get settled and get started decorating. We have fruit trees in our yard. Orange, apple, lemon, peach, and plum trees (Toto, I don't think we are in Minnesota anymore)! We are in a good school district, which is awesome since Mimi will start kindergarten in the fall. Jim will be biking distance from his office, which he is very excited about. Both the preschool where we hope to send Ben and the gym I hope to join are nearby, as well. Things are starting to fall into place. It's really real. We have set a moving date and, of course, have a ton to do before then. I am anxious and haven't slept well lately, thinking about all that has to be done and all the people I want to see and things I want to do before we leave. But the good news is that I have started to feel a glimmer of excitement, something that I have not really felt, or at least haven't really let myself feel, until now. Let the adventure begin! 

xoxo, nora bird

20 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you, sounds as though it's all falling into place!

    Loving this look as well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I predicted that after the initial anxiety subsided, you'd start feeling excitement at the many opportunities and choice in front of you. Glad to see that happening. Good luck, Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! Yes I'm yelling ; )

    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting! CONGRATS! Also this outfit is fab - love those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! And what a great time to go - with two kids starting school soon you'll be sure to meet a ton of moms in the area. We'll miss you around here there! Thank goodness we'll still see you on the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooho! As long as you remember that Dorothy came home. Right? Right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME! I am so glad it worked out for you. Take it all in stride. You'll get everything done and if you don't, that's ok. It will all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great news!! So glad things are starting to fall into place and hope that's a huge weight off your shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy you got the house you wanted! That has to take some of the stress off for sure! And fruit trees?? I'm jealous! It all sounds pretty great actually, I'm really happy for you! I'm just going to have to start saving some money so I can come visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This all sounds so perfect! I can't wait to see your fruit trees! SO jealous and SO excited for you guys! I love the boots here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so, so, so excited for you!!!! Yay! I'm glad things are falling into place for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on getting the house you wanted.


    P.S. My blog has moved http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy for you, let the new adventures begin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm late to the news but how exciting. Congrats on the new home and the new life! Great way to start! =D
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, the house sounds like a perfect location, and those fruit trees will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this outfit!! Especially those amazing boots!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh good, I'm glad that things are falling into place! I think it will be a great adventure! And this outfit is perfection from cool-girl hat to badass boots!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look adorable! Super-chic and very elegant, Nora! Hooray to you on the California developments! :) T. What lovely photos! I adore that lovely dress and the coat is amazing! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm trying so hard NOT to be extremely jelly!! This sounds amazing! I want all of those trees in my yard. :-) You will certainly be missed. Maybe that means Wild Ruffle will need to take a work trip out there?! xo Tammy ...and I'm loving this sassy look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. aww nora, it kinda sounds like a dream come true - fruit trees, sunshine, biking distance to work? i'm sad to see you go, but excited for all the decorating and CA living' posts to come!

    ReplyDelete