Thursday, February 19, 2015

outfit of the day(bird): alternate ending




blazer, jeans~ thrifted
shirt, boots~ b. (a resale shop)

So, we all know the extremely traumatizing lullaby, Rock-a-Bye Baby, right? Just in case you don't, here are the lyrics:

Rock-a-Bye baby, in the treetop.
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock.
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall. 
And down will come baby, cradle and all.

I mean, seriously? Come on. What kind of neglectful parent leaves their child in his cradle in a treetop on a windy day? Or even a calm day, for that matter? It's a horrible lullaby and it has forever bothered my daughter. So, the other day I hear her humming the tune and she suddenly says to me, "Mom, I added on to the end of Rock-a-Bye Baby. Want to hear it?" Of course I did! So she started to sing:

"The cradle will be completely smashed. 
But mommy will catch you, so don't worry. 
And daddy will rebuild the smashed cradle. 
So don't be sad 'cause you'll still have a bed!"

Gosh, I love that kid. So much better, if you ask me. Parents and caregivers, please feel free to use this alternate ending when singing to your children!

xoxo, nora bird

16 comments:

  1. Now that is sheer brilliance! (And so is this look.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL all old nursery rhymes were so violent and cruel.

    LOVE this outfit and can I just say your hair is looking great? Also the lippy is fab. The shoulders on the jacket and the cut are so contemporary.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohooo, that blouse is beyond adorable and you styled it to perfection. You look so lean, tall and beautiful! That is such a beautiful story about your daughter, also. Those original lyrics are pretty negative and difficult to swallow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE her alternate ending, that's perfect. You've got one smart little girl!

    I adore this outfit, I loved it when I saw you in it on Saturday too! The top is so pretty under the blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You won the kid-lottery. Your children amuse me daily. Love your blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. I love the floral print and it is such a pretty color. Great boots as well. Here with over a foot of snow, I am wishing I had boots like that. I have always been a little disturbed by that lullaby as well.

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  7. This top is fantastic. I love the styling here. And those boots.

    I also love the alternate ending to that lullaby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that ending WAY better. :) You look great in that blazer and those boots! I keep thinking I need an over-the-knee pair and you just convinced me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh. Love your lipstick. What brand and color is this? This is the perfect bright. I have been trying to find a bright red but I always end up looking like a hooker. Ha ha! All of the old fairy tales and nursery rhymes were demented. How cute that she made up her own ending.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh darling Mimi! CLever her!!! I really love this! And how nice is that shirt- you know, am just saying this but this reminds me a little of a Clara Oswald shirt.TARDIS Tuesday?x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look adorable. Love this whole look, I wish I could pull off over-the-knee boots. And your daughter. That's the sweetest. While this age is challenging (I think you'd agree) don't you adore the creativity? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it--I'll be sure to add that bit on when singing that from now on. And I love everything about this look--that fun blouse, the amazing boots and that lip color. Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to say, I MUCH prefer your daughter's version. I always found that riddle very creepy myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehe I love that version! much, much better. love the red lips on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is adorable! So creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kids are brilliant that way! Like this outfit and love those boots!

    ReplyDelete