I have been wanting to make this chandelier since last November. I was at a cute little sale near my house and I saw a similar one and had to have it. I tippy toed to check the price, and lo and behold, it was $164. Yes, someone worked very hard to make it so beautiful, but being me, I decided that I could be the one to work hard to make it so beautiful. So I did.
If you want to be the one to make it so beautiful, here's what you'll need.
one lamp shade (I thrifted mine for $1.99)
one package of beaded strands (I bought mine on Ebay for $7.99)
six hanging crystals (or as many as you'd like) (I bought mine for $4.50)
one hanging lamp cord (I thrifted mine for $1.50)
hot glue gun
scissors (not pictured)
And here's what you do:
1. Go to bed because this is where you always make crafts (optional).
1.a. Pour yourself a glass of wine (also optional).
2. Tear fabric from lamp shade.
3. Glue lamp cord to the shade. This isn't necessary, as the weight of the shade will hold it in place. I just wanted to make sure it was level.
4. Decide on the length you want your beaded strands and cut to size. Hot glue them at the seams of the lamp shade (top and bottom).
5. Hot glue a strand of beads around the base and top of the lamp shade. I also glued a strand around the section of the lamp cord that you twist the bulb into (not pictured).
6. Hang lamp and try like hell to capture a good picture to show how truly beautiful it is.
7. Fail miserably at taking said picture.
8. At least get a picture of the cute stuff around the beautiful chandelier.
9. Turn off the lights and get an eery picture of the chandelier in the dark.
Easy enough, right? Especially considering you can skip steps 7-9!