Wednesday, February 25, 2015

bird seed: scrambled egg muffins


I thought I'd share a new favorite breakfast recipe around here: scrambled egg muffins! We love them because they are super easy, healthy, and quite good! Mimi really loves helping to mix them up, too. It's always fun when the kids can help! This recipe will makes about six muffins, but feel free to adjust to your needs. You can really add whatever veggies, meats, and cheeses you happen to have in the fridge, but here's what we used:


Ingredients:
6 large eggs
1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
3/4 cup vegan sausage, cooked, cooled, and chopped (or real sausage, if that's your thing!)
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used a cheddar and jack mix)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste



Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 6 muffin cups with a nonstick spray.
2. Whisk the eggs and milk together. Add the spinach, cooled sausage, the spices, half the cheese, and mix.
3. Scoop mixture into prepared muffin tin. Fill each cup just about to the top. Sprinkle the remaining cheese equally atop each muffin.
4. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the muffins are set and cooked through.
5. Serve and enjoy!


I like mine with a side of avocado and smothered in hot sauce! Bon app├ętit!

What's your favorite breakfast food?

xoxo, nora bird

10 comments:

  1. I like nearly any breakfast food, except when it's time for breakfast. We often have them for supper, however - scrambled eggs are a favourite, as are waffles with 100% maple syrup. I'm weird, lol.

    These would be perfect for popping in the Great Scot's lunchbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT looks delicious! I'm totally making these... just not this morning. Maybe tomorrow. :-) xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's 10am, and i haven't had breakfast yet. is it because i just woke up? mayyyybe :) haha, either way- i really wish i was at your place right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound delicious! I might have to try these soon, while Ollie loves his oatmeal, I know he may eventually want something else to have in the morning! I pretty much love anything with eggs and well, sorry, bacon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made something similar but my eggs stuck to the muffin tin even though I sprayed really good. Do you have that problem at all?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out well, and it looks pretty tasty. I love spinach, and made some goodies this week.
    Thanks for sharing. <3 /Madison
    Foodie Faves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phwoar, I fancy some avocado! These do look REALLY yummy!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look really good. I normally eat oatmeal but they say having some protein the morning is a good idea. Might have to try it out.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like the mini quiches i make. yummers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think these look so good! Alas, we are in a no-eggs phase right now, but maybe by next week they'll be on the good list again... I'm hoping once he's big enough to help he'll be a better eater. Fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete