Friday, February 20, 2015

a bird's life

A few things that have made me smile lately:
~ We had Mimi's preschool conferences yesterday and her teacher said some really kind and wonderful things about her. Of course, as a parent, you always think your child is amazing, but it is so nice to hear that others agree. Jim and I are so proud of our little girl.
~ We have (maybe maybe maybe fingers crossed don't want to jinx it) found a place to live in California. Please, send us some good housing vibes!
~ Mimi told Ben yesterday that he really makes the world a great place. I loved hearing that. Also, I agree.

Some photos of life around here, lately:








~ Megan and my mirror selfie after our Valentine's Day styling workshop.
~ My gorgeous new laptop bag!
~ My seriously handsome boy's hair is getting so long!
~ Mimi befriended the sweetest little shop dog last weekend.
~ Thumbs up for family bowling night!
~ Some new shoes that have me dreaming of spring.
~ My Valentine and the photo that sparked many a gondolier joke.
~ These really brightened up my home on a cold, snowy day. 

What is making you smile today?
xoxo, nora bird

17 comments:

  1. Those shoes made me smile, I could wear those and live to tell the tale!

    Fingers are crossed and good vibes being sent out... houses that can be homes are hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely pic of the two of you together! Loving all these fab pics. I saw some tulips at the grocery store and I'm vowing to get a bouquet for my workplace desk. Sending good thoughts on your housing matter! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed that you find a house soon! Your kids are just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog always makes me smile. I've been telling my friends that when I grow up, I want to be a pumpkin... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll keep my fingers crossed about the place to live in California! And then I'll start packing my bags to come visit you there, seriously tired of this cold stuff here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, your kids continue to be the cutest <3 sending good housing vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved seeing all of these on Instagram. It is also so heartwarming when your kids have nice things to say to each other and teachers can see how amazing your kiddos are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When a sibling says something nice about another sibling--unprompted--it needs to be celebrated & shouted from the rooftops! ;) I'm happy your Cali life is slowly coming together but oh so sad you're leaving the Midwest. But I know you're gonna love it--I bet you wish you were there instead of frigid Minny right about now, no? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE those new shoes and laptop bag, so cute!!! Your family photos always convey such happiness, good luck on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos. I love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, so nice to hear acknowledgement of your children's goodness! I get that impression despite having never met them! Love the photos, you too are so stylish!!!! Ben is growing so much isn't he- including his hair. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dog is so fluffy and cute!

    http://mimiandchichi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, I'm going to steal that dog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many happy things here! Sending good vibes on the house too! Your kiddos are too cute, and those shoes!! Another fab pair to add to your fab collection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sending you good vibes!

    PS love those shoes.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh I love that bag! Hope it works out with the house!!

    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I hope it works out with the house. Having been there, if it doesn't work out, then it isn't the right house and you'll find the right one!

    ReplyDelete