Friday, February 27, 2015

a bird's life: life lately

My birthday week has almost come to an end. But what a great week it's been. Chris and the kids have treated me like royalty. I haven't had to make dinner, clean, make coffee, or really do any hard labor all week. Plus each night I have been showered with desserts, gifts, and so much love.
Here's a few snaps from this week.

A gift from Chris. I saw this at Carver Junk Company a few weeks ago and had to have it. Chris blew me off with "it's too expensive, yadda yadda yadda." And then he went back and bought it for me.


This was the first gift after my birthday that the kids gave me. I had no idea at this point I was getting a gift every day. They spoil me.


If you haven't been to Minnesota in the winter, I completely understand why. But if you're here, check this out. The beauty of a frozen waterfall almost makes up for polar vortex temperatures.


My actual birthday was spent watching the Oscars in bed with a glass of wine.


Yet another gift (I told you, I'm spoiled)...ethically found antlers. In love.


You can't go wring with red velvet cupcakes (in bed) at 7 in the morning, right?

And it was too large to upload, but this was maybe my favorite gift of all. Henry has been teaching himself to play Happy Birthday on the trumpet for me. This was him on Monday. It melts my heart.

Thank you all for your own birthday wishes. It's so nice to have so many friend near and far, met and not yet met. I am thankful for all of you.

Happy weekend!
xo,
megan bird



14 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday week. I was worried after the rough start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun - so glad you're enjoying your birthday week! We have a ton of antlers in the shop, and I am so tempted to buy them all up! This guy finds them fallen on his acreage in central Iowa and sends them to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday week! It was very well deserved!! And how sweet is Henry? I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have a full week to celebrate. I need to start that.

    Also have to mention that you're wearing a toque in bed. LOL Nothing says sexy like a knit hat in bed. : P

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky to get a whole week of birthday!!! Looks like you had a great week--and you deserve it! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...that frozen waterfall is cool!!! lucky girl...i'm lucky if my kids give me a day of royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday ! I wish it could last the whole month!
    Love your gifts, but I am not sure what gift number one is and am intrigued. Looks like an ice sculpture photo on wood, but i bet I am way off!
    Love the cupcakes and found antlers!!
    Fabulous, thoughtful gifts!
    xx, elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle, it's a metal cutout of Minnesota on old barnwood. I often forget that not everyone is from Minnesota and recognizes it straight away!!

      Delete
    2. I was so focused on the material, it loos like Lalique crystal to me- that it did not register that it was a state, and yes , I will admit that my geographay is not too swift ! :)
      It is lovely !
      xx, Elel

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday, Megan! Spoiled, perhaps, but I am sure you deserve it! Your family is so sweet. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Love all the photos!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a lovely birthday week! The frozen waterfall is so neat to see!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved you sharing your birthday week with us. now a birthday week--that's more my style. i like it!!

    ReplyDelete