Tuesday, January 27, 2015

outfit of the day(bird): sock drama




sweater~ b. (a resale shop)
jeans~ Jessica Simpson
shoes~ thrifted
hat~ made by my mom
necklace~ Etsy

I have a weird thing with socks, which I am sure is not uncommon. I cannot stand to wear socks that have holes, are too loose, are too tight, or are twisted the wrong way. My socks have to be in tact and fit my foot perfectly. If I see someone else with hole-y socks or running around with their socks halfway off their foot (this is very common with my nephews) or if their sock is twisted around so the heel is on the top of their foot, it makes me cringe. In fact, just typing that made me wince a little. It upsets me. Quite a bit. It might seem silly to some, but I am sure many of you share in this messy sock aversion. My best friend, Krista, will often text me when she is experiencing a messy sock situation. She will describe it to me in great detail because she knows it will make me squirm. This might sound slightly cruel, but this is just the type of relationship we have and I can laugh about it after the inital shiver of disgust. Why am I telling you all of this? Because the other day, Ben started crying and I couldn't figure out why. Finally, he pointed, rather dramatically, at his foot, with a look of despair in his eye. I looked down and saw that his sock was twisted around so that the bottom was on the top and I immediately recognized what he was feeling. So, I am sorry, Ben, for passing down to you this strange sock quirk. Not that I didn't know already, but this definitely confirms that you're mine.
xoxo, nora bird

20 comments:

  1. I am the exact same way!!!! My husband is a little more like your nephews... Lol, but because of my crazy, he tries to make sure his socks look "right" when I am around. At least I can manage the wholes while doing laundry! :). Glad I am not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hi-tops, what a fun addition to your outfit!

    I have a similar sock quirk, although I also can't stand wearing socks in bed. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL poor little guy.

    I have a bit of this but it is more about the seams of the socks hurting my feet. My feet are little Goldilocks. Everything needs to be "just right".

    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way with sock. I have a bad habit to point out to people that they sock have hole in them. My husband is worst. If there a stain on his white sock there trash. So we are always buying him sock.

    I'm in love with your shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny what we pass along to our kiddos - our little quirks and oddities. Though I'm with you - who wants to wear twisted up socks?? That's why I'm usually barefoot under my shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nora.. i'm pretty sure i would make you cringe. i have a pretty big sock collection, but i'm always happy as long as the sock is on the foot :) hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is just too cute that Ben picked up that habit. Ollie is just like his dad - they'd be happiest never wearing socks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tooooooootally get it. I have to have socks (no holes, in the right way, etc.) on my feet at all times if I don't have shoes on. I love socks! My kids are totally cool with wearing socks with holes in them and they know the second I see them, they will have to throw them out. *shudders*

    These are some snazzy kicks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! And totally ditto on ALL this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I can relate to you. There is something about those socks.
    I love your casual, sporty and so gorgeous look. Love those shoes, so cool.
    xoxo
    Ramona

    http://www.ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh! I can totally relate! My husband sometimes "takes off" his socks by letting them come off because he knows how much it drives me nuts. I call him "flippy feet" when he does that. :)

    I love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree! LOL! I hate when socks don't fit right either! I have crazy small feet and I hat when I buy a pair of socks and they are just way too long and the heel part is in the wrong place! I just can't do it! :) Love your sporty look! Love the red and the key necklace!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahahhaha, this is cute! I HATE socks...as in HATE them. I don't like looking at them or wearing them. For the gym they have to be ultrathin and super low and I won't put them on until I get to the gym and they come right off afterwards. Boots are my obsession...I own too many pairs of them....but the socks?! Ohhhh I hate putting them on to wear them with the boots...what a pain...I also wear open toed heels...in the winter...in the snow....to avoid wearing socks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha ha, always a hoot reading your posts! I have similar peeves myself.
    My oldest daughter (14) has a pair of socks that she loves with the big toe hanging out!! Ugh, I want to take these socks and "lose" them forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha, you are a sock-freak!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I choose to skip socks. Even in winter. Thank goodness I live where that is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My son will wear mismatched and holey socks. It drives me nuts and I can't figure out how we can stand it. I totally relate. Again - there you are in a hat and looking so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to smile... We have had lots of sock (and other wardrobe related) drama here at my house, too. My worse fear is that a sock will lose its elasticity while I'm wearing it. :) Gorgeous pics! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This made me laugh. Don't hate me but sometimes I wear my socks even if they have (a small) hole in the toe. If I have closed toe shoes. :)
    Love this funky look and those awesome high tops!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i understand completely! my son has the same weirdness, and me too to a certain degree! love those shoes, btw!!

    ReplyDelete