Tuesday, January 20, 2015

outfit of the day(bird): shopping blackout




sweatshirt ~ Athleta via Second Debut
leggings ~ Kohls
boots, hat ~ thrifted

I put on a "Stylish Moms" workshop at Second Debut last Saturday and it was a blast! I got to the store about an hour before the workshop so I could pick out outfits based on what I think are the nine wardrobe staples for busy women. Picking out outfits is really one of my favorite things to do...The only problem is that as I was picking out fabulous outfits, I was also finding items that I couldn't live without. Just as Chris and I were saying that we should maybe cut back on the spending, I find $100 worth of items that I needed to have. And of course, after the high of putting on the workshop, and then having a two-hour personal shopping appointment right after that, I went in to a sort of blind "pull out the credit card and buy whatever you want" sort of blackout.

Luckily I loved everything I bought (including this fabulous Athleta sweatshirt), and will honestly get so much wear out of everything I picked out. My next workshop is on Valentine's Day, so who knows what I'll come home with after that one!!

xo,
megan bird

PS. Thanks for all of the kind words on our dog yesterday. He's 15 and has had a great life, but I'd prefer it to be a lot longer. He's hanging in there.

20 comments:

  1. I find that I must avoid to going any shops if I truly want to stop shopping. Otherwise you always find something you can't live without.

    You look warm and cozy!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending hugs, pets are family too so it's always hard.

    Love this outfit, especially those boots! (I actually acquired some new stuff myself recently... and stole the Great Scot's fedora!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try working in a shop - you stand in front of cute things all day long and decide you need them all!

    Sorry about your pup. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great! i'd be too scared to host an event like that. you rock! and have the skills for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look super cozy and cute! I know how you feel. Kyle and I need to cut back on the spending, but then I bought a $20 Free People hat! Then of course I lost my gloves and will need a new pair. I keep adding things to my wishlists to all of my favorite websites too, and every time that Kyle wants to go thrifting, I find at least $20 worth of things. Why are clothes so awesome?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have shopping blackouts too, it's pretty dangerous...and I think I need to tell Nate my Valentine's Day present should be getting to come to your next workshop!! Love your furry boots and the new shirt!

    And continued good thoughts for sweet Desi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute outfit. Fuzzy boots melt my heart. Don't view shopping in a negative way; think of it as putting gas in your closet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful sweater, love your beanie too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those boots are SO cute!! i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like so much fun! I have always wanted to do that I think you deserve some shopping after all of that hard work. This sweatshirt will undoubtedly become a staple in your closet.

    I hope little Desi is feeling better. Poor babe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That happens once I pick out more than 1 item. If I stop at 1 then I am good but once I have 2 in my hand they seem to breed and mutlitply!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well that's a very cute outfit so I can see why you wanted that top! I agree with Suzanne, and find that the only way for me not to spend is not to go to a store. I have some trouble with that!
    I am sorry about your dog and I do know what it is like. We get so bonded to our animals it is difficult when we are faced with having to say goodbye, for whatever reason and no matter how much we know it is inevitable. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving your boot. I can say I have been doing awesome with not buying clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha, I am terrible too!!! I keep having these anxious guilt trips and then I see something pretty on someone's blog and then forget it all and go and stalk websites!x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're lucky I didn't see that top on Saturday... :) Cute boots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the boots and sweatshirt, and well as the red hat!
    i am sure in the long run you will be so pleased to own those things1
    Just look at that snow, you did the right thing!
    xx, elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the band on that sweatshirt. That is a basic you will wear forever. And those boots are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that sweatshirt, I think it's a great buy! Don't let your husband see all of us bloggers encouraging you to shop more hehe :) It's so hard to resist a good sale though, especially when everything is right in front of you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shopping blackouts? Guilty!! I've had four such occasions this month. I must stop. I rely must.
    The workshops sound fun, what a shame you're so far away, I'd be there in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete