Thursday, January 22, 2015

outfit of the day(bird): serial




sweater~ hand-me-down from Megan
jeans~ Levis
headband~ Free People
shoes~ eBay
necklace~ gift

I am slightly late to the game, but I have recently become obsessed with the podcast, Serial, which is a spin off of This American Life (which is also great). I've tried emailing my family about it and they ignored my crazy gushing, so now I will gush to you guys. Sorry. I'm so obsessed that I seriously cannot stop listening. I started listening two days ago and am currently on episode 8. As in, I am listening to it as I type this post, while my kids are napping. I will likely finish the series today and then I will be sad that it is over because Season 2 has not yet been released. I have listened to it while working out and have actually extended my workout (usually heard of!) to finish an episode. I have stayed up way past my bedtime to listen. I have skipped my usual nighttime 'after the kids are in bed' TV to instead listen to a couple of episodes. I even wondered at one point, "Would it be bad if I just put my ear buds in and listened to an episode while my kids played in front of me?" or, "Maybe the kids could just watch another half hour of Wild Kratts while I finished this episode?" I decided against both of these scenarios but, I'll be honest, it was a tough choice. If you have not listened to it yet, I highly recommend it. Obviously. In case you couldn't tell. Do it.
Perhaps next week I will discuss my obsession with the British series, Black Mirror, which is on Netflix and which Jim and I watched, in it's entirety, in two evenings. I bet you're sensing a theme here. Yes, I enjoy a good binge watch/listen of a great series!

Have you binge-watched anything good lately?

xoxo, nora bird

21 comments:

  1. We were late to the Serial game too, but started and finished the series over our Christmas break! For a while we were obsessed with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great outfit dear
    i like it so much
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so you are the second person this week talking about Serial --- I feel like I need to jump on this train!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does binge reading count?

    I love your outfit but your skin..... oh man, it glows. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the cool kids like you all tuck in their tops in the front. So stylish.

    I binge-watch all the time and am always looking for new shows. I just finished three seasons of an amazing show I'd overlooked. It's called "Episodes" and stars Matt LeBlanc from "Friends." I highly, highly recommend it. Hilarious comedy about marriage, culture and show business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should check out Serial, we love those kinds of podcasts! And we like British TV so now I want to check out Black Mirror too. We've been binge watching Covert Affairs and Homeland right now. Oh and United States of Tara. Great show, we're almost done with it sadly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, THAT HEADBAND THING, is awesome! I need one. NEED.

    Second, I love TAL but haven't listened in ages. Everyone is raving about Serial. I need to get on that shit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man...don't get me started on binge watching series. Maybe I could extend my workout by listening to that instead! It is funny how we seem to have gone "back in time" when people listened to programs on the radio.

    I watched The Fall and also Fargo (the series). Both of them I thought were very well done. The best by far was Les Revenants. In French. Don't watch the US version. It is utter crap. (No disrespect! ha ha!)

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL That is how I was with Scandal but it is obviously impossible to watch that show with kids anywhere near (sex . . . murder . . . drugs . . .). I get hooked on something and I just HAVE to finish it. I haven't heard Serial but I have heard great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive been totally bingewatching Doctor Who and Sherlock dvds. Totally out of control!!!
    Hope you are well. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does watching old Friends episodes on Netflix count? I know, I'm boring. :) Also, SEQUIN HEADBAND!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I binge watch all of 100 it a CW show. I find the 1st season on netflix. You look great

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a total binge watcher. The Fall on Netflix is really good. I just watched season 2 over the last few days. It's dark and twisty but Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan are so good. Plus it's set in Northern Ireland and I could watch anything set in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your headband! So cute. Binge watching is awe.some. I especially love it when it's something my husband enjoys & I don't have to sneak binge watch. That's exhausting (looking at you, Gossip Girl).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nora, you look gorgeous. I love this simple yet so chic look. Headband is such a wonderful detail. At the moment I'm not watching anything, but now at then I like to have Sex And The City marathon.
    xoxo
    Ramona

    http://ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  16. serial, obsessed. also with your cute headband!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I keep hearing about Serial...I really need to listen to that! Maybe this weekend... I love this look--the details are what totally make this stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. obsessed with it and have spent way too much time analyzing it and looking over the documents. it's crazy. adnan's bff follows me on twitter--random!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Black Mirror...I've gotta check this out! I adore Netflix's House of Cards. I adore your pics! The headband is fab! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Serial!! I told pretty much everyone I know about it! I watched the first season of Black Mirror and it's ca-razy! I need to see the next one!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  21. everyone is gushing about serial! i've never listened to a podcast, and so i'm not sure how i would do it? i like having the visual on tv, and i like loud loud music pumping when i'm at the gym or on walks. so what to do? any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete