Thursday, January 8, 2015

outfit of the day(bird): currently




sweater~ Marshalls
jeans~ Gap
boots~ b. (a resale shop)
necklace~ Tess + Tricia

We put our house on the market on Monday, so that has pretty much taken over my life lately. We have already had an open house and a bunch of showings, which is super great! It's been tough with the kids, trying to keep the house "showing" clean and ready and finding places to go when people suddenly want to see the house. To top it off, Jim is traveling for work this week, so that has made things a bit more difficult. Thankfully, I have awesome family nearby willing to take us in for a few hours and feed us and entertain my kids. I am hoping for a fast sell so that we can move on from this crazy part of our journey and onto the next even crazier part. Fingers crossed! It is all suddenly starting to hit me now that this is actually happening. We are really moving to California. What? Let the adventure begin! But first, let's sell this dang house.

Other than that, I have been working out and online shopping a lot, my two favorite forms of stress relief. Luckily, for both my personal health and my bank account, the working out has been more frequent than the shopping!

And just for fun, here are a few more tidbits from my life, currently:
Currently reading: Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. 
Such a great read! A truly amazing WWII story. At times, it is hard to believe it's a true story.
Current favorite song: Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars. 
I cannot NOT dance when this song is playing, which is slightly embarrassing when it comes on while I am in the weight room at the gym!
Currently watching: Downton Abbey (Yay that it's back!), AHS: Coven (Meh. I am slightly disappointed so far. The first two seasons were just so good!), and catching up on the last few episode of Girls: Season 3 that are still on my DVR before the new season starts on Sunday. What else should I be watching?
Currently wishing: The temp. would get above 0 degrees F. Brrrr! I think I might get my wish today. It's supposed to reach a balmy 13 degrees F!
Currently craving: A giant burrito. I think I'll make Jim take me out for a Mexican feast once he returns this weekend!

What have you been up to lately?

xoxo, nora bird

16 comments:

  1. I have been listening to Uptown Funk too. Good luck on selling your house. I know all the stress that comes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uptown Funk is such a fun song! I actually really liked Coven, even though it was a little more campy than the first 2 seasons. I am currently catching up on Bates Motel, which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uptown Funk is so fantastic. I don't know how you don't move when that song comes on. :) Good luck with the house...so stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, love the sweater. Wish my Marshalls had one.

    Glad the transition is going smoothly. One plus about moving to CA will be the weather. It's warm there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your house sells quickly - but not so quickly that I can't see you one more time since I missed your party! But I'll still keep my fingers crossed!!

    CUTE outfit, the sweater looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm a burrito sounds magnificent and I LOVE that song! That one and Dangerous by Big Data Joyride--amazing! I hope your house sells soon. I have never been through it but I am sure it is very stressful! Especially with kids and an out of town husband. Best of luck to you guys! If I was closer, I would help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the house! I've been relieving stress with the same things - working out and online shopping! And thrift shopping. I've been trying to take it easy on the shopping though since we'll be (hopefully) buying a house here this year. Which stresses me out (mostly in a good way) which makes me want to shop more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all - you have what are quite possibly the world's tiniest ankles!! :)

    We're watching Homeland around here. All other shows pale in comparison. Good luck with the sale of the house. I hope you'll be back now and then, or that I get to say goodbye in person before you go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so cute Nora, especially when you laugh like this! You do look really cosy and sweet. I don't envy you having to do all that- stay strong, lovely girl! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, the selling of the house. Gotta love the showings. Good luck! I hope you sell soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck on selling the house--I hope you get a buyer soon! And I really want to read Unbroken too, I hear it's amazing. Love the fuzzy sweater--it looks so cozy. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely outfit and pics! No doubt; you will sell your place in no time. :) I'm enjoying the return of Downton as well! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. And now I want a giant burrito....
    www.olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you on getting your house bought. Well, I don't see anything getting much in the way of that, since you seem to have conducted it real well. If the house is amply covered in terms of legal securities, then there should be no worries. Thanks for sharing that! I wish you all the best for the rest of your journey.

    Clifton Johnson @ Insuring theProduct

    ReplyDelete
  15. darn, the machine ate my reply..
    again,
    I hope you sell the house quickly and can kiss those frigig temps good-bye and say hello California!
    That would be great for you and the family. Love the cozy and furry tunic and the great thrifted booties!
    Awesome, on all counts. Stay warm, and be cool, in the meantime.... selling a house is hard work
    xx,Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on all the showings!! Good luck with it all! :)

    ReplyDelete