Monday, January 12, 2015

inspiration monday: sweet dreams are made of this

the inspiration
Kristen Stewart

megan bird



jeans ~ Ross
ank ~ H&M
flannel ~ vintage, thrifted
shoes ~ Minnetonka Moccasins, thrifted
hat ~ DIY

nora bird



jacket~ Old Navy
shirt~ Marshalls
jeans~ Gap
boots~ Minnetonka Moccasins
hat~ knit by my mom

I have a lot of dreams in which Chris is mean to me. I'm not sure why as he is really and truly a great man and a great husband. However, in my dreams, he is a real jerk. I have actually even thought about starting a Tumblr blog just to list the dreams I have where he's a jerk. Like, I wake up mad at him sort of jerk.

The other night, I had the most vivid of dreams. In it, it was Valentine's Day and two things happened. One, Chris gave me a card....and I can see it clearly in my head. The front cover had hearts and confetti and read, "The best thing about being married to you is..." and the inside read, "the paycheck." That's bad enough, but in the same dream, he also gave a Valentine's card to his ex-girlfriend (right in front of me, mind you). And when I asked him what is said, he told me it was none of my business.

He told me (in real life) that if and when I have these dreams, I should just wake up and kick him. Trust me, they are sometimes so real that I often want to. I almost did for this one.

xo,
megan bird

For next weeks inspiration picture, click here.

20 comments:

  1. LOL! Poor Mark--I've had similar dreams about him, too--from time to time (and, he is also one of the greatest guys on the planet). It's hard not to awake feeling a bit miffed--no doubt. Great renditions. I was dressed up as it was a work day when I took these pics, but I got the beanie right. :) Thanks for hosting this link up! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no!! i'm not even gonna analyze that one!! y'all look lovely. i've always wanted a red plaid shirt like that one. even my dog has one (he's v stylish)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both nailed this look. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too funny--at least you told him so if he does get a mysterious kick or if you're super crabby to him in the morning he'll know it was probably because of a dream. You SHOULD start a tumblr of those dreams by the way.
    Love both of your cute plaid looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a) i love flannel in all forms - just love love love. b) i have similar dreams! jon woke me up saturday night because i was stirring, and i told him i had just divorced him after many hard years together (in my dream). what gives? always nice to wake up to the real thing though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those kind of dreams are the worst!!

    Love both of your cozy flannels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVING flannels this year. You guys look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Aw poor Chris! I have weird dreams all of the time and when Patrick is mean to me in them, he definitely hears about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do the same thing!! I'm actually relieved and can't wait to tell Andrew. He takes it somewhat personally that he is so evil in my dreams. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Chris! I think we often dream about what we fear happening so your dreams represent the fear that your wonderful Chris might suddenly become a jerk. Leopards do not change their spots, so I am sure you are safe. Now, toques and plaid shirts just scream Canadian, eh! It looks so much cuter on the two of you than on Kristen, though I am not a Kristen hater.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's funny! I wonder what's happening in your subconscious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, how weird. Interestingly enough, I dreamt last night that my husband had left me! So we are twins in bad husband dreams!
    Love the checked shirts! Darn it, I shouldve ironed mine and joined in!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have those types of dreams too...the worst is waking up feeling so angry (or sad, depending on the dream) and not rested at all. I feel like I need another night's rest when I wake up after those dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving both of your looks and I'm so glad neither of you has Kristen's ever present scowl
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahaha Chris is hilarious. Wake up and kick him. Great. And I need to get on this plaid train!
    www.olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have those mean husband dreams too! What does it mean???? I want to know too. And love the plaid and hats. I have been on a plaid and hat buying frenzy. I guess that's what happens when you move back to the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linking up for the first time! I too have had dreams about my husband after which I've woken up mad at him. At least you remember that they are dreams! At the height of the jerk dreams, we were working two different schedules, and I didn't always give myself much time in the mornings. I would find myself at work, furious at Scott and not entirely sure why. It always made for hilarious text messages trying to piece things together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are some crazy dreams, love the idea of a tumblr for them!!

    ReplyDelete