Wednesday, January 28, 2015

a bird's life

I was too busy lazy this week for a DIY or bird seed post, so a bird's life it is! Along with the photos, I thought I'd share a few other tidbits from my (rather unexciting) (surprisingly movie-filled) life lately...

~ Jim and I recently Redboxed (yes, I can verbify just about any word) the movie, Boyhood, last weekend. We both enjoyed it. Jim more so than me, as he definitely related more to the life of a heterosexual white male growing up in America. Duh. But it is worth checking out!
~ We also watched Maleficent with Mimi and we all really loved it! We watched it after Ben was in bed since we figured he was a little young yet, but Mimi enjoyed it tremendously.
~ And in other movie news, this was recommended to us by a neighbor. Has anyone seen it? I think we might check it out this weekend.
~ Jim and I recently attended a show at HUGE Improv Theater (we don't only watch movies!). It was super funny and something new for us. If any of you locals are looking for a fun and inexpensive night out, check out one of their shows!









~ COOKIES!
~ A last minute babysitter called for an impromptu date night.
~ Jim is home from India! We are so happy!
~ Snuggles and laughter.
~ Bright lips on a cloudy day.
~ Ben was so pissed that I got him dressed that day.
~ Mimi's first Skee-Ball experience.
~ Watching Lifetime's Whitney Houston biopic through the protective lens of my wine glass. It was slightly cringe-worthy, but entertaining!

xoxo, nora bird

13 comments:

  1. cookies! always good. i have that same wine glass. gotta love an impromptu date night! i love improv theatre!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That movie Song of the Sea looks excellent. I love animated movies.

    You got some brilliant photos here.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, what sweet photos! You all look so happy and that's what makes them so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pictures, so sweet! Surprise last minute dates are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to see Maleficent. Loving that lipstick you are wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to see Boyhood, that is on my list for sure right now! We haven't watched any good movies lately, we ended up streaming The Interview after we had been at the beer festival on Saturday and I totally fell asleep. Improv theatre is fun, I'll have to check that out!! And now I want cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been to Huge Improv a couple of times - fun place! I took an Improv class and it was a hoot! I recommend to anyone wanting to discover their creative side. The cookies look yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cookies look good, but then that wine does too. Hmmm where's my glass....?x

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kiddos just had their first squeezable experience the other day... it didn't go so well! It had a guard on it and they kept chucking the balls instead of rolling. The balls would hit the guard and make a horrible noise, and everyone kept staring at us! We need to find a guard free see-ball place to try next, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your family life is so warm and happy. I'm glad for you. I'm also wondering how I can talk you into adopting me...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to see Boyhood. I think how they made that movie sounds fascinating. So happy your husband is back--enjoy your family time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Song of the Sea looks so good! Jim and I saw Boyhood in the movies this summer and really liked it, the concept that it was filmed over 12 years is just so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Song of the Sea looks so good! Jim and I saw Boyhood in the movies this summer and really liked it, the concept that it was filmed over 12 years is just so cool!

    ReplyDelete