Monday, December 22, 2014

inspiration monday: Iron Chef

the inspiration
Olivia Palermo
megan bird



jeans ~ Old Navy
shirt ~ Ross
shoes ~ b. (a resale shop)
ring, earrings ~ Forever 21

nora bird



hat ~ made by mom
shirt ~ vintage, thrifted
jeans ~ b. (a resale shop)
shoes ~ Shoedazzle

Tomorrow our family will be participating in our first ever Iron Chef competition. I hope we make it a new Christmas tradition. We are pairing up and each team will be cooking three dishes. The only rules are that we have a $25 limit, and it has to be vegetarian. (I know, I'm so selfish, but how else would I get to be a judge?) The "secret" ingredient is squash. 

I don't sleep very well, and one night a few weeks back, I woke up with mine and Chris' full menu planned in my head. Now, I haven't written any recipes down or even tried to see if they will work and/or taste good, but in my head, they sound delicious, so wish us luck! With any luck, I will be posting the recipes in the next few weeks. If you don't see them on the blog, well, you'll know they weren't the best! So here's hoping!!

Happy Monday!
xo,
megan bird

For next week's inspiration picture, click here!

17 comments:

  1. That sounds like a ton of fun, good luck with your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Chefettes!!! You are looking cool and pretty- love the yellow booties Nora! I also like the pattern on your shirt Megan!
    I like your neighbour's candy cane lights too..

    Happy Christmas by the way xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. an iron chef competition sounds like so much fun -- post lots of instagram pics and good luckkkk winning the whole thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um yeah hi, can I join your family?? You guys sound like you have the most fun ever. Can't wait to hear about the competition--good luck!! And you both look adorable as ever. Love the hand-made hat too (another reason I want to join your family)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! You guys always have such fun things planned with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You gals always have the best shoes. I'd come here just for them, if not for your sparkling personalities, kind friendship, smart prose and pretty pictures. Good luck with the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! My boyfriend and I always joke about having our own Chopped where I would buy him ridiculous ingredients and he would have to turn it into something awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that sounds so fun!!! and love the double denim!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a ton of fun--can't wait to hear all about it! Also, love those shoes Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man that sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to hear how it goes! Have a blast!

    You both look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was such a great inspiration to try! Loving both of your takes on this look. Your mother makes fab hats! Best of luck with the chef competition. Holiday hugs and big thanks for hosting this link up! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear how the competition goes. And Nora - your yellow boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Iron Chef competition sounds like so much fun! Good luck!

    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh! That sounds like so much fun! Andrew and I were always trying to figure out a way to host a "Chopped" competition. I can't wait to hear how yours goes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that sounds like so much fun, cant wait to hear how you go

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to see what you make.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete