Sunday, December 28, 2014

inspiration monday: cilantro

the inspiration
Heidi Klum

megan bird



tank ~ Target
boots ~ swap
coat, scarf, jeans ~ thrifted

nora bird



vest ~ TJ Maxx
sweater ~ thrifted
jeans ~ H&M
shoes ~ J. Crew via Second Debut
scarf ~ Target

My sisters and I were all in one place this past weekend, and therefore spent pretty much every waking hour together from the 23rd right until our littlest left for the airport last night. On Saturday, we all decided to finally get a sister tattoo together. We made an appointment at a local tattoo shop, and all five of our loud selves showed up ready and willing and giggly.

The tattoo artist was definitely introverted to put it nicely, and kind of a jerk to put it bluntly. He basically didn't have great bedside manner, especially for the sisters who were getting their first tattoo. At one point, we jokingly said to him, "Sorry, we know we're a lot to take all at once. You probably hate us." to which he replied, "I don't hate you, I just think you're annoying." OK, thanks for your honesty, I guess?

As we left (probably never to return), I turned to my sisters and said, "well, I guess he has a point. We are a little bit like cilantro, people either love us or hate us." I guess I'd just prefer the love version.

xo,
megan bird
PS, I personally love cilantro (and also think my sisters and I are pretty amazing).

For next week's inspiration picture, click here.


16 comments:

  1. How rude! I would think, he would have wanted to help make it a special experience!
    www.olivedoethecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you all got matching tattoos! (Not cool that the guy was kind of a jerk!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cilantro too. And at least the two sisters I've met! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cilantro, and I think you would be a barrel of fun! I hope the tattoos were good, even though he was lame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful you were all able to gather for the holidays! I adore your renditions of this inspiration photo. When I saw this week's inspiration, I was excited to wear my new (to me) Army jacket and pair it with a fave colorful scarf. :) Thanks for hosting this link up and Happy NY! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved your sister tattoos on facebook - such a fun idea. also fun? the army green jackets/vests - i've been wanting one for at least a year now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! That guy is a bit rude. Hope tattoos still turned out okay.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, what a rude guy! Where did you guys go, I'll make sure not to go there! I personally love you and your sisters - even the ones I've never met! You all just seem so sweet and awesome! I love that you all got tattoos together, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sucks you had a rude artist. I hope you didn't give him a good tip or anything! It's awesome you ladies got matching tattoos. Now I want another one. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cilantro is awesome and so are you guys!!! What an a$$hole! But at least you were all together and have some cool tats now! I'm still too chicken to get one. I love the simple ones you guys chose. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVED your sister tattoos on IG!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, he does realize he works in a customer service industry, right? What a weirdo. The property management for the place we're renting uses the strangest, rudest man to service the heater. I have no idea how he gets repeat customers. Although picture a bearded hermit mountain man shrunk down to about 5' tall so it's hard to feel too intimidated when he's ranting at you about a filter or hanging up on you. Wow, weird tangent. Sorry. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well that's not fun...and while I don't like cilantro...at all...I know I'd like you all. Love the tattoos & the meaning behind them. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I'm a fan of both you both and cilantro!! No doubt I'd love the whole bunch :) How rude! I love both of these looks--such pretty fun scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How rude!!! We all love you. You're brave to get a tattoo-I have a slight phobia of ink on skin. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I myself, think Cilantro is fabulous. I am impressed you let that creepoid put a needle to you!
    Ah well. I am glad you and you sisters and a great time. I love your bright , but wintry mix of vest, coats, scarves, boots and smiles!
    XX, elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete