Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday's Random Thoughts

1. I wrote two books. Two children's books, one for Eva and one for Henry. They are written, and the kids are illustrating them, and then I don't know what I'll do with them. For sure we'll get them bound so the kids can have a copy, but after that who knows. Here's the funny thing ~ I actually think they're pretty good. Maybe when they are done I will share them with you, but for now it's good enough to know that when I read them to my kids, they were honestly impressed. Happy mom.

2. This weekend we are having both the kids and the family party for Eva's 8th birthday. As I type, I have about 15 pounds of chicken marinating, and I took today off to clean and cook.

3. I have to make a cake, too. I am notoriously bad for making really good bad themed cakes. To me, the fact that I make them at all is pretty good, considering I'm not a baker, but I have a ton of fun decorating them, even if they always turn out horribly (I'm sure I'll share some pics on Instagram this weekend. The theme is fairy garden.)

4. I took a half day yesterday and decided to go to Home Goods. I didn't need anything, but ended up with a new rug, a new knit basket, and a new tray to top an end table with. All because the rug was on mega clearance for $18. I mean, how could I not get it? Plus, our living room got a mini makeover and I love it!


5. My house is a total mess, even though I deep cleaned it last week. But today, I'm going to turn some more bad music on, dance a little, and clean again. It will be fun.

Have a great weekend!
xo,
megan bird

23 comments:

  1. Yes, you need to share the books. What a wonderful thing for them to have forever. Can't wait to see what you do with the cake. And Home Goods is dangerous for me. I never walk out of there empty handed. You can't beat $18 for a rug. I always find great things on clearance there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally have to share your books... I love, love, love that idea!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wanna see the books! and i can't wait tos ee this cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed - you had to share the books! And your place looks darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so adore your house decor. I sure your cake with turn out good. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see those children's books. When my niece was very young I made one with photos of her. It turned out so good. She LOVED that book as a kid.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is such an awesome idea - to write books for the kids and have them illustrate them. What a great memory and keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you wrote books and had the kids illustrate them! I want to do that with Ollie! I wrote a book in middle school for a project, we had them bound and everything, I need to see if I can find it because for a 13 year old, I think I wrote a pretty good story at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't leave Home Goods without something!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should definitely share the books! I'm sure they are awesome and that is super impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Writing books that the kids illustrate. I'm doing this. Love you for your inspiration. I'd love to see them, too, but complete get the personal side of it--some things, at least initially, are just for family. :) Good luck with your party & have fun jamming out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love that you're creating books with the kids, and yes - please do share!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could spend hours in Home Goods. Love the rug!
    www.olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to see the cake! I think that making it is a major plus! I also do hope you share the kids' books. What a cool idea! And I know how you feel--I try to enjoy the ten minutes after deep cleaning that my house stays clean also. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so weird! I've written a children's book for every kid in my family (including my two, my Mother has 22 Grandkids.) I always quilt them a blanket and write them a book. I also wrote an extra book for jy Daughter to help her drop her bad binkie habit,
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your random thoughts and yes, totally show us the book!! X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, share! I've been drawing pictures based on the weird "facts" Andi has made up about her Halloween costume character and now I want to turn it into a book. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You seriously are THE BEST parents ever. Awesome Bday parties, writing books for your kids, just, overall great people :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's so cool! Upload your books to CreateSpace and sell those puppies! A mom of one of my daughter's classmates self-published her children's books on CreateSpace, and they look really nice. I'm planning to use them to self-publish my novels as well.

    Good luck with the birthday party and cake making!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope all goes well with the parties!

    I think it's so neat that you wrote the books. You should try to get those published!

    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday to Eva I hope you all have a amazing day and I cant wait to see the cake.

    ReplyDelete