1. I wrote two books. Two children's books, one for Eva and one for Henry. They are written, and the kids are illustrating them, and then I don't know what I'll do with them. For sure we'll get them bound so the kids can have a copy, but after that who knows. Here's the funny thing ~ I actually think they're pretty good. Maybe when they are done I will share them with you, but for now it's good enough to know that when I read them to my kids, they were honestly impressed. Happy mom.
2. This weekend we are having both the kids and the family party for Eva's 8th birthday. As I type, I have about 15 pounds of chicken marinating, and I took today off to clean and cook.
3. I have to make a cake, too. I am notoriously bad for making really good bad themed cakes. To me, the fact that I make them at all is pretty good, considering I'm not a baker, but I have a ton of fun decorating them, even if they always turn out horribly (I'm sure I'll share some pics on Instagram this weekend. The theme is fairy garden.)
4. I took a half day yesterday and decided to go to Home Goods. I didn't need anything, but ended up with a new rug, a new knit basket, and a new tray to top an end table with. All because the rug was on mega clearance for $18. I mean, how could I not get it? Plus, our living room got a mini makeover and I love it!
5. My house is a total mess, even though I deep cleaned it last week. But today, I'm going to turn some more bad music on, dance a little, and clean again. It will be fun.
Have a great weekend!