Tuesday, November 25, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): outfit fake out





sweater~ vintage
skirt~ hand-me-down from Megan
shoes~ BGBGeneration
necklace~ gift from Mother-in-Law

Remember all of those birthday plans I told you about last week? Well, I did go out to dinner with my parents on Wednesday evening and it was lots of fun and very yummy. I went to bed that night happy and with a tummy full of Indian food and woke up around 2:30am feeling sick to my stomach and crippled by nausea. It was awful. I was awake and feeling ill until about 4:30am and felt relatively fine when I woke up again around 7. I just assumed that my dinner hadn't settled well and that was that. I went about my morning normally, bringing Mimi to school and running errands with Ben. I fed Ben lunch around noon and found that I had no appetite but didn't really feel sick. We picked Mimi up from school after lunch and came back and the kids had their naps.  During nap time I started to feel really sick again. I went and lay in bed to read and ended up falling asleep myself. When I woke up, I was chilled to the bone, nauseated, and my stomach hurt really bad. I immediately texted my friend who was planning to come over that night to cancel our plans. When the kids woke up, I turned on cartoons for a while until I felt able to get up and move around. I made a quick dinner for them and bundled myself into a nest of blankets on the couch until Jim got home from work, around 7pm, and promptly went to bed. I was in bed all the next day and most of Saturday. I had to cancel our Friday night plans with Megan and her family. Jim had made some elaborate dinner plans at one of our favorite restaurants for Saturday night which we also cancelled. Luckily, by Saturday afternoon, I was feeling well enough that I suggested that we not cancel our babysitter and, instead of a fancy night out, we just go to a movie, which we did. While it wasn't what I was hoping for, it still turned out to be a fun night. We saw Interstellar and we both loved it. Jim and I almost never get to see movies in the theater together, so it was a special treat. By Sunday morning I felt almost 100% and we ended up seeing my friend that I had cancelled on earlier in the week that morning as well as Megan and her family on Sunday evening. Megan made a delicious homemade dinner that was the first full meal I'd eaten since dinner with my parents on Wednesday. It was far far better than the crackers I had been subsisting on!

And the point of my whole story is that this was the outfit I had planned to wear to dinner with Jim which I ended up trading out for leggings and an oversized sweater for our movie night. I never actually wore this outfit anywhere, but I still made Jim take photos of me in it so I could share them here. Total outfit fake out!

xoxo, nora bird

20 comments:

  1. Ooh that does not sound good, but I'm glad you are better now! It's good you got to reschedule some of your plans too. We saw Interstellar on a spontaneous trip to the movies and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no!!! glad you're better. i had food poisoning on my bday and it was no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you're feeling better! and love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer! The outfit will look perfect on another day though.


    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear you got sick! That's a bummer you had to cancel plans :( At least you were feeling better by Saturday, and wearing this super adorable outfit! love the sweater and skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you still shared it - I love this outfit on you. But bummer about getting so sick. It is definitely going around. Here's to a healthy birthday for you next year instead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a bummer on your sickness! Especially over your birthday week. :( But isn't it funny that sometimes those low key plans trump the fancy ones? Glad you had some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, we had a similar bug at our house last week, Nate took the brunt of it, I just had the lack of appetite for a couple of days but it never got too bad, but Nate was pretty sick! It was not fun. I'm sorry to hear it messed up your birthday plans, but I'm glad you're feeling better! And this outfit is so cute, you should plan to wear it somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are feeling better. This outfit is amazing! You can pull off looks that I never could!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man stomach issues are THE WORST!!! But sometimes low key is totally just as good as fancy dates. I am glad that you are feeling better! And I think that outfit fake outs are totally ok--they can still lead to awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh yuck to being sick but YAY to still have a good time out at the movies!! LOVe that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Birthday. Sorry to hear you got sick and couldn't really enjoy it. You shoe are killer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh nora, i'm sorry you didn't feel well - jon and i have both had colds (nothing compare to what you came down with) and it's always hard feeling under the weather (esp, i imagine, with kids). the good news?? i'm loving the pink in your hair (kinda how rachel mcadams had it, right?) - so pretty! and we're planning to see interstellar!

    ReplyDelete
  14. glad you are feeling better. it may not have been the weekend you planned, but still a nice and memorable one! pretty skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no! I'm glad you're feeling better. I love this gorgeous outfit. And your hair is getting so long. It always looks good no matter the style or length (jealous!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely outfit! Glad you are on the mend! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you at least got to wear it for the blog, because it's a cute outfit! What a bummer that you got sick for your birthday week :( I hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh such a bummer you got sick on your birthday week but glad you felt better. I adore that shoes. This is a super cute and cozy outfit. Belated happy birthday.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you're feeling better. I have some experience also with taking pictures of an outfit just for my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely outfit!! It looks comfortable and super chic! Love the skirt!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete