Tuesday, November 18, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): leaky faucets




shirt, jacket, hat, boots ~ thrifted
leggings ~ Forever 21
socks ~ ??

For some reason or other, our kitchen faucet has started dripping. It annoys me to no end, but we have not had the time to repair it (I plan on doing it myself...just to say that I can). Instead, because I can't stand the thought of wasting water, we have put our largest mixing bowl underneath the faucet and collected the water to use for various reasons. We water plants, cook pasta, and even drink the water in the mixing bowl. I just keep a clean measuring cup next to it so I can collect water from the bowl to transfer it where and when I need it.

I assumed everyone else in the family was using the same measuring cup method...until last night when I asked Eva to get Desi some water.

She grabbed his nasty water bowl...the dirty dog bowl that he drinks from after grooming himself daily. The bowl that we rarely clean. The bowl that he laps water from generously after licking who knows where and what on his body. She grabbed his bowl, and stuck the whole thing in clean mixing bowl and promptly brought it back to Desi to drink.

I don't know how many times she has done that. And I don't know how many times right after she did that I grabbed a nice refreshing glass of water from the same bowl. I guess this is my prompt to finally fix the faucet.

xo,
megan bird

24 comments:

  1. Oi! I sympathise, I once caught the kidling feeding the cat from one of my 'good' plates, and then sticking it back in the drainer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol oh no!!! i love how she knew to use that water though. she wasn't wasting it. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG LOL. I don't even have words.
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* Stuff happens. It's funny if you're not actually drinking it. :-)

    Kudos on possessing both the skills to fix a faucet and look smashing in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Just think of it as strengthening your immune system. And I love the grays in your outfit and the snowy action shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this cute outfit--especially that jacket! And those kiddos...I'm still chuckling at this story. She was, technically, doing what you asked... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeewwww!!!!

    I salut you for continuing to take shots outside. I have yet to leave the house since it started snowing yesterday.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. That just sounds so like something a kid would do!! I guess you definitely have your reason to fix the faucet now! No offense to Desi of course!

    LOVE this outfit, the pictures in the snowy day are amazing too. Too fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! HA! That is something I totally would have done! I hope that you get it fixed soon! I love this outfit, I have always loved grey in the winter, and this outfit is just so cute with all of the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness - that is the funniest thing I've heard in awhile! Let's hope it was her first time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That drives me nuts. I can't stand when faucet is dripping. Somehow in Ireland they have very bad quality and we keep repairing them. Fingers cross that it was first time she took water with that bowl.

    I love this mix & match of grey and black prints. You look so gorgeous and playful in these snow photos.

    xoxo Ramona

    http://ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHA! That story is hilarious! I am glad I am not the only one that puts a mixing bowl under the dripping faucet though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahahaha...Megan that is hilarious! My cat would have considered the tap and the large mixing bowl to be her personal drinking fountain!

    Cute grey on grey on grey on grey on....enjoy that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL oooooooh dear. Well that is part of having kids I guess--sometimes it's best just to not ask or think about it too hard. LOL I love this grey and black look! And I seriously hope you keep that cardigan you posted on Instagram!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love love love this look. I do NOT love all the snow in the background of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no. That's pretty funny.

    Look at that snow! And look at you all cozy in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Mrs Rhapsody in Grey!!!! This is a truly cute outfit, I LOVE how all the patterns work together.
    I just KNEW you were going to say that- truly gross!!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  18. very nice outfit..the last pic is so funny

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaha, OMG! That is hilarious. Well, your outfit is really cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too cute! Someday, you, too, will have a good laugh about this. ;) Love the gray ensemble. Those boots are TDF! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aaahh this is too funny, I'm literally LOLing over here. (On a somewhat similar note, I accidentally fed our dog Ellie her dog food today...in her half full water dish. Oops! Nothing like soggy dog food pellets to make you want to go cook some dinner...) And I love your fun print mix and adorable pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahahah, this one truly made me laugh out loud! Love it, now did you get that faucet fixed??

    ReplyDelete
  23. The leggings, the boots, the beanie, the mix of patterns - Loving this so much, all of it. I don't love leaky faucets though. Had to deal with some a few months ago, also. =(

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL!!! Thank you for the belly laugh. love you and your humor! Yep, it's time to fix the sink. And I'm all about mixing prints! You look great! xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete