Thursday, November 13, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): deep yoga thoughts

tank ~ thrifted
hat ~ Kohls
leggings ~ Family Dollar
flannel ~ swap
boots ~ b. (a resale shop)
Everyone says that yoga is supposed to be relaxing and meditative. And for me, it sometimes is. However, on any given day, these are the thoughts that go through my head while doing yoga:
~ Is my tank going to start riding up and expose my belly while I’m in down dog?
~ Oh no, it is. I can feel it creeping!
~ Will the teacher yell at me if I slowly pull my tank back down over my belly?
~ Did anyone else see that?
~ Why did I think Taco Bell would be a good pre-yoga lunch?
~ I bet I’ll be able to do a handstand today!
~ But only if no one is watching.
~ And what if my shirt creeps up again while doing it?
~ I am going to start doing yoga every day.
~ I’m going to be so strong.
~ I’m going to have a body like Gwyneth Paltrow.
~ I bet Gwyneth Paltrow never drinks beer.
~ It’s not worth it then.
~ I’ll settle for arms like Gwyneth Paltrow.
~ There’s no way I’ll be able to do a handstand today.
~ At least my shirt won’t ride up!
~ OK, meditation time, clear your mind.
~ No really, clear your mind.
~ But there’s so much to do!
~ I need to do laundry. All of it.
~ Are we out of milk? I’d better check when I get home.
~ What should we have for dinner tonight?
~ Seriously, clear your mind.
~ Maybe deeper breathing will help.
~ Why is the guy next to me breathing so loudly?
~ I should be more like him.
~ And Gwyneth Paltrow.
~ No, I don’t want to be like her.
~ Maybe just her arms.


20 comments:

  1. Haha I've never seriously done yoga, but I'm pretty sure this is how it would go for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried yoga once and fell on my bum, so now I do Tai Chi... and all those thoughts run through my head too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you! So many thoughts in our minds. =) Try BAR METHOD! It is a mix of yoga and cardio barre. =) I love it!

    Fashion | Travel | Food
    Jo from http://www.Styleat30.com

    You can find me on Facebook for more regular updates:
    https://www.facebook.com/StyleAt30

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried yoga but I am pretty sure I would be having the same thoughts about Gwyneth Paltrow and beer. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds just like my thoughts when doing yoga - I just can't clear this head of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I apologize if this is a duplicate, my comment seemed to disappear on me! Anyway, I wanted to say this was funny, this is why I can't do yoga, my brain won't shut up! I have a similar internal dialogue when I go for a massage, I just can't relax! Love this outfit though - looks so cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha-ha, I've tried yoga a few times but it's too relaxing and I always end up asleep, snoring. Yeah, I'm THAT girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh....yes, yes, YES! To all this! Love it. :) (Oh. And I FINALLY figured out my Blogger/Gmail log in information from forever ago so I can actually comment on your blog! It's a good day. I feel accomplished. I'm going to take a nap now.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol.... I bet she doesn't drink beers either, which is sad, because I really want her bod too, but I also enjoy my beers ;) Looking so chic and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! I love listening to your mind think. Amusing and true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahahha, yup that about sums it up and then there is the ever present...AUGHHH I can't stand still, i am sooo wobbly..I bet everyone is staring at me and wondering why i am here....then GASP, I start to giggle...Yup, I don't go back to yoga! My mind is too insane! LOVE that outfit, you look so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep! Have you ever heard Ellen DeGeneres' stand up (Here and Now)? She talks about yoga and having those thoughts during it. Totally relatable. I love your boots and plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our thoughts are way too similar while doing yoga! However, after splitting my yoga pants doing a work out and giving the class a frontal view, I am also constantly looking down at that "Area".... just to make sure it hasn't happened again!
    www.olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That would be me too if I wanted to do yoga. I think how interesting it would be if you could record your exact thoughts! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this look! It is so fun :) Yeah, you sound like me when I do yoga, which is why I probably only practice when I am home, by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to work myself out to exhaustion before I can meditate because otherwise that's pretty much my thought process, too. Calming my mind is the hardest part of yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This made me laugh! That is totally me the only times I tried to do yoga (only my thoughts had more "ouch" and "what am I supposed to do?" thrown in). I'm just not I yoga person. Love this fun, funky outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is so me! the one time i went out and tried it, i accidentally slammed the door, and everyone looked at me. and then i tooted in a pose. i ran out and never came back.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha! My mother in law just went to a yoga class for the first time and she said never again!

    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete