Tuesday, November 11, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): creepy crawlers




hoodie~ Forever 21
dress, leggings~ Target
boots~ b. (a resale shop)
hat~ Jim's

Jim has been traveling for work a lot lately. It sucks a lot for both of us. He hates being away for weeks at a time and we miss him a lot while he's gone. It's tough not having him around to help out with the kids after work and it's kind of boring not having an adult to talk to or just sit and watch TV and unwind with at the end of the day. And also, he's not here to protect me from the creepy crawly things around the house. I swear, once it gets cold outside, all of the spiders and centipedes in Minneapolis must decide to move in and bunk with us. Last week, Jim was in California and, at one point during the week, I decided to tackle the piles of laundry littering our laundry room floor. I went into the basement and started to separate the clothes into piles and two enormously gigantic <possibly an exaggeration born from fear> centipedes ran out from under one of the piles. I ran out screaming and that was it for me and the laundry. I couldn't go back into the laundry room knowing that a centipede could attack at any moment. They could have invited their friends. There was probably an army of them in there! There was no way I was touching that laundry. No. Way. And Jim wasn't there to help me. When he got home at the end of the week, I promptly asked him to kindly put the laundry in the wash and I would do the rest. He obliged and actually ended up doing all of the laundry and folding it! Bonus! Now all the laundry is just sitting, folded nicely in the baskets, waiting to be put away, which is my least favorite chore. And it might will still be there when Jim gets home from traveling this week. Perhaps, I will tell him I saw a spider in one of them and he'll do it for me! Okay, fine, I'll go put it away now.

xoxo, nora bird

19 comments:

  1. I'm the spider wrangler in our house... the kidling screams and runs, the Great Scot wants to take pictures and make pets of them. NO!
    Cute outfit, and those boots are smokin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so like me. I was sitting calming reading the paper one morning when out of the corner of my eye I saw something moving on the carpet. It was one of those monster centipedes that almost look clear but HUGE!!! I ran out of my chair and refused to go back into the dining room until my husband found it. He was in the shower at the time so by the time he got downstairs it was long gone. I dislike spiders, but centipedes are the WORST.

    I feel ya.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I just noticed some creepy crawlers in our apartment today!!!!!! Probably from the two seconds I had the balcony door open. I completely understand why you would want Jim around for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funny post. Nobody likes bugs. And centipedes can carry a weapon in each hand, so they're especially dangerous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so with you on bugs! I decided to let my hair air dry all summer after a huge bug crawled into the cupboard where I keep my blow dryer! Not to mention it was good for my hair too, but it was mostly that bug! Ickkkkk.

    I love your jacket! I was looking for something like that recently but never found one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those boots are so fun!! and I hate when chris is gone for so many reasons but especially to take care of those things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the cutest hoodie/jaket ever! I love it with the skirt and the beanie!

    OMG I hate bugs too! When we lived in our apartment and Kyle wasn't home, I would go get one of my neighbors to kill it. I had no shame (Still don't).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw what a nice guy! Patrick doesn't travel near as much as he used to but I know what you mean. I would actually kind of look forward to alone time--but it was only fun for about half an hour. Love the beanie and varsity jacket today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! It's true, since weather have turned into cooler spiders have been appearing. I usually put them gently with paper in the jar or glass and let them safe out from apartment, but I wish I could think of something like you did. I'm not a big fan of doing laundry. Oh, well it's too late for me, but great for you. I hope those day will be gone so quickly and Jim will be home like he newer left.
    You look stunning in those fabulous boots. I love this girly and sporty look.

    xoxo Ra

    http://ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute and cool! love the hoodie!
    i'm following you on bloglovin' and twitter. hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute hoodie. Love it! What a cute sassy look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh. I feel you on the travelling husband. Alaska has a lot of animals that will kill and/or maim you, but no snakes and few creepy crawlies. Andrew is relieved not to be my one man spider relocation team anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great hoodie; I love the bright royal blue and the old-school baseball jacket styling. Also, I totally get it about the creepy crawlers; not too long ago I saw a millipede in my bathroom that I thought was dead -- and then I saw it move.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look really tall in this outfit. It must be the kick-a$$ boots. My husband is travelling all this week. I can handle the kids's stuff and they're pretty self sufficient at their ages. I just have an irrational fear that someone is going to know that he's gone and break in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable look! Good idea on the spider ploy! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds like something I would do! My husband is the designated spider/centipede/other random bug-killer around here too. I love this look--that jacket is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha, reason #1 why my husband does laundry!! It's the only room in our basement that is not finished yet and it always creeps me out! It's on our shortlist, but well the shortlist is awfully long...

    ReplyDelete
  18. HAHA I'm the same way, I cannot handle bugs and I hate doing laundry. Love your look though!

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh gosh, i haven't seen a bug, but i have similar tales of woe from when the husband travels (not weeks at a time, no, but 1-2 days every week). and thinking about him traveling while i have a little one -- that doesn't sound fun at all :(

    ReplyDelete