Thursday, November 20, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): 35




sweater~ Marshall's
leggings~ Heartbreaker
boots~ eBay
socks~ Opening Ceremony
necklace~ gift from Mother-in-Law
hat~ Jim's

Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 35. I have never really been a huge birthday person. Don't get me wrong, I love my birthday and I am happy I have had one every year so far and I really hope to continue having them every year for a very long time! I have just never been one to go all out, celebrate all week, throw a huge party, that type of thing. Mainly, it is just because I really don't like to be the center of attention. You should have seen how much I was sweating at both my bridal and baby showers. It wasn't pretty, people. But this year, because everyone is so busy this time of year and everyone has different schedules and families to take care of and jobs and places to be and my birthday fell smack dab in the middle of the week, I have been having small celebrations all week long. On Monday evening, I had dinner and drinks with a dear friend. Last night, on my actual birthday, my parents took Jim, the kids, and I out for a delicious feast of Indian food. Another lovely friend is coming over tonight for treats and maybe some wine. Megan and her family are having us over for dinner on Friday evening. And Saturday night Jim has something planned which is apparently top secret, so I will have to tell you about that next week! I kind of like this birthday week idea. It's been a really great week and 35 is looking like it will be a year full of big changes and adventure!

Thanks to all of you who wished me a happy day on Facebook and Instagram! I love this blog family of mine.

xoxo, nora bird

22 comments:

  1. It sounds fun!!! I never end up doing much for my birthday!!! Hope your week continues delightfully. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! This is such a fun outfit, very celebratory. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nora, Happy Birthday! I hope your birthday week is fabulous:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nora I am in love with the sweater. And happy 35th birthday, gorgeous. Hope it is a wonderful year for you! I am getting to that age soon. How does it feel?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A most happiest of birthdays to you. Enjoy your birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all about the birthday week...even birthday month. ;) Enjoy being spoiled, & happy, happy birthday (week)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This SWEATER. IS. SO. CUTE! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had an awesome birthday week so far... with much more to come! And that sweater is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both you, and Megan look loads younger than you are. I do love this outfit so much, it is so cozy! I have been all about giant sweaters lately, but I think the socks are the best part of this outfit! I always forget about colorful socks! Happy (belated) birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A birthday week sounds wonderful! I am a big birthday person, but I only do the day--not the week. I love the sweater! Happy birthday again! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, LOVE your sweater. And I'm so glad you're having a wonderful birthday week!! I hope the rest of it is fabulous too! I can relate to the whole center of attention thing though - when I was 10, my classmates sang to me in class and I burst into tears. I didn't live that down for a long time, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey birthday buddy!!! My birthday is Saturday! I am a birthday week celebrater!! None of this 1 day a year thing, that's not for me! I'm off to write my birthday blog post, so I'm glad I saw it was your bday so I could wish you a very very Happy Birthday week! You look like a very young 35 chica! xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all, if Tammy says she celebrates a birthday week, what she really means is birthday month. ;) And we love celebrating her. Glad you have so many people celebrating you Nora!

    I can't sign off without saying that I love, love, love you sweater. Like, I need to head to Marshall's asap and see if they have one at the one closest to me kind of love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday! A week of low-key celebrations sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOOOOOOOOOOVEEE that sweater!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday, Nora! Glad to hear your friends and family are treating you right.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you're getting a whole birthday week, that's nice! That sweater is adorable, and I love the colorful socks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday! And I love that sweater. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Belated Birthday!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. happy belated birthday , Nora!!!
    That is the way to celebrated quietly, with friends, over time.. Did someone say ..milking it??
    No, not you !,
    Love the reindeer sweater, crazy about the opening ceremony socks!
    You look evey inch of 22!
    have a wonderful year!
    Xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. never would have thought you were 35! happy birthday beautiful ladyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. happy belated miss nora :) your celebrations on instagram looked so, so very happy, and i hope you keep wearing those cheerful socks :)

    ReplyDelete