Monday, November 10, 2014

inspiration monday: pants on fire

the inspiration
Nikki Reed
megan bird



tank, hat ~ thrifted
jeans ~ c/o Lee
shoes ~ Target
sweater ~ Forever 21
necklace ~ garage sale

nora bird



sweater ~ TJ Maxx
t-shirt ~ Target
jeans ~ c/o Lee
boots ~ gift from mom
necklace ~ H&M
hat ~ thrifted

 We have been making Henry do his own laundry because I discovered that he had been throwing everything in his laundry basket in order to "clean" his room. I found myself washing items that I had just washed and folded, including socks still put together, oh, and Lego men. He literally was throwing everything from his floor in to the basket. So we are making him do his own laundry.

The other night, I asked him to throw his washed laundry into the dryer, knowing that a clean load was already in the dryer. I fully expected him to take the clean clothes out and put them in a basket. I didn't expect him to fold it...I'm not so mean to make him do all the laundry in the house (yet). He went downstairs, ran back up a few minutes later, and I assumed all was well.

The next morning, I went down to do some more laundry. I noticed that his wet clothes were still in the washer, and the clean, dry load was still in the dryer. I went up and asked, 
"Henry, what did you do with the clean laundry in the dryer when I told you to put your clothes in the dryer?"
"I put them in a laundry basket," he replied without even  flinching.
"So you're telling me you put your wet clothes in the dryer?"
"Yes."

And that's when he knew it was all downhill. He had assumed he would have time to run downstairs and actually do it before I checked, but he didn't realize I had already been down there. Liar, liar, pants on fire.

He lost a week of PS4, and will continue to do laundry indefinitely.

There will be a day when my kids are smarter than me, but today is not that day.
xoxo,
megan bird
For next week's inspiration picture, click here.

19 comments:

  1. LOL! That's a trip down memory lane: I remember taking the Game Boy and Play Station away from a couple of little guys a few years back. Loving your style inspirations. Aren't cardigans fab fashion essentials? :) Thanks for hosting this link up! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe that boy!! and it's 71 here today and i am longing for hats and cute outfits like y'alls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh - moms always know. :)

    Your cozy looks are perfect for our snowy day today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both nailed this look! and I wanna steal both of your hats :) Safe travels in the snow today!

    Rachel's Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Parenting is hard but it seems you're up to the task, Megan.

    Your story reminds me of one from my childhood. My mother was omniscient and omnipotent. I couldn't believe a 4'10" woman was so powerful. One day, when I was around 10, I tried to lie to her about the lunch we'd had in school that day. My mother glanced over at her household papers and said, "Well, it says here you had fishsticks today, so how do you explain that, young man?" Busted... I learned it was foolish to try to deceive her so I stopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, the weatherman says we're getting cold weather later this week; he says it's "from Minnesota." Thanks a lot!

      Delete
  6. Man, I'm not looking forward to those years, lol. I am going to have to be on my toes!! Great outfits ladies, you both look ready for today's snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AH! You guys are killing it with the cozy sweaters and cute, winter hats! So much love for these outfits.

    Oh god, I totally used to do crap like that when I was a kid, I was such a little shit. Kudos to you for staying on him though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok. I seriously made all my kids start to do their own laundry for the same reason. In addition to the throwing everything in the hamper to get their rooms cleaned, we were going through towels like mad. And we went through several trial and errors but I think it is admirable for you to teach them! It's a very important life skill! I know some grown men who still don't know how to do their own laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the beanies in both looks. I'm such a huge fan. Hahaha. As a kid, I'm sure I pretended to do some chores as well. It's funny to see how kids act. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheek boy!!!! You are smart!! I love it when devious child doings are foiled by candy adults!!.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both looks... sweaters just do it for me this time of year.... but must confess that I adore that huge pompom.
    Remind me to post the tale of the attention-seeking kidling and 'lame' cat one of these days,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect simple looks for Fall! I am dreading the day that my little one lies....no fun at all.
    The Doctor Diva

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! I can totally tell when my kids are lying. They don't do it much, but when they do, watch out. Grounding of electronics and TV seems to work best for them. Both of your looks are so cozy and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE these looks, another win, girls.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always look forward to reading your blog--you seriously have the best stories! This is hilarious...what a stinker! And I love your style too of course. Megan, that sweater rocks, and Nora, that hat!! I can't even. Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. For further punishment you can make him do mine too. I have to put away 8 baskets of laundry and I don't WANNNNAAAAAAAAAA lol.
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that your choices are always so affordable. (That is very much appreciated around here!)

    ReplyDelete