Wednesday, November 12, 2014

bird seed: peanut butter pumpkin oatmeal bars


This weekend, my mom brought over a bunch of pumpkin she had puréed and frozen and I have been trying to come up with yummy ways to use it all up. These bars are definitely yummy and a huge hit with my kids. While Mimi was eating a bar the other day, I asked her what she thought we should call them and she decided they should be named "Peanut Butter Cinnamons", which is certainly an accurate description! So, if you would like to make your own Peanut Butter Cinnamons, you've come to the right place!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 cups whole rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup peanut butter chips (optional, but delicious)




Instructions:
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir. Spread mixture into a foil lined and sprayed 8x8 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Let cool and then place in the fridge to set for about an hour. Once they are completely cooled and set, slice, serve, and enjoy!


If you have a favorite pumpkin recipe, I would love to hear it!

Have a great day!
xoxo, nora bird

15 comments:

  1. What an adorable helper you have there! These look fabulous but, sadly, I'm the only person who will touch pumpkin in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmmm these look good! Your helper is super cute : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not even a pumpkin fan, but I want these :) If only I had such a cute helper!
    www.olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound so good! I have never tried pumpkin and peanut butter together, but I bet it would be a good combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I need to make this stat! It has all of my favorite things! i Bought a few cans of pumpkin from the store because it was on sale (don't judge), I wonder if it would work okay for these?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum! i just had my first pumpkin thing of the season last night, pumpkin fro-yo! it was good! (oh wait, i did have a pumpkin spice latte early on!). thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, this looks yummy! And what a cute little helper you have!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mimi is SO cute! Did I ever tell you, we met the most adorable cat on our honeymoon called Mimi!!! She's the screensaver on my phone!!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I love that these are gluten free! We will definitely be trying them this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo these look absolutely amazing!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. are there leftovers? i mean, for reals - i want one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mouth is watering. These look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute little baker you have there! I'm not really a pumpkin person (I know, the horror!!) but these actually sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these look really yummy and i am thinking i am headed to the kitchen right now to make them!!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete