Thursday, October 9, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): conversations with a 4-year-old




cardigan/scarf~ TJ Maxx
tee~ Urban Outfitters
jeans~ Levis
boots~ b. (a resale shop)
watch~ Michael Kors
bracelet~ Mille

Here's just a snippet of a conversation that I had with Mimi the other day. Just a little glimpse into what we talk about on the daily and into the mind of a 4-year-old...

 Mimi: Mom, have you ever seen a fish?
Me: Of course I have.
Mimi: I meant deep down in the water, alive. *annoyed look in my direction*
Me: No, not deep down in the water.
Mimi: Why?
Me: I just haven't gone that deep down into the water.
Mimi: Can you even go deep down in the water?
Me: People do it. Scuba divers.
Mimi: What do Gaston's parent's even look like?
Me: Who?
Mimi: GASTON! From Beauty and the Beast? Does his mom have red hair?
Me: I don't know.
Mimi: I think she does. Why is his name even Gaston? *speaking in a French accent* Gasteaux. Gasteaux.
Me: That's just his name. His parent's named him that.
Mimi: His red haired mom. *annoyed look in my direction*
Long pause while she worked on the drawing she was doing.

Mimi: What's his name?
Me: Who? Gaston?
Mimi: No. Just never mind. *annoyed look in my direction*

Another pause...

Mimi: How did God even build himself.
Me: .....
That last question stumped me. I left answering that for another day!
xoxo, nora bird

20 comments:

  1. Wow... this is fascinating. Children's minds are so unmoored from the conventional thinking adults use to understand the world. They are willing to probe subjects we aren't and ask tough questions like that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one smart cookie! : ) I think I'd like her.

    Onto the outfit which I adore. Your legs look a million miles long. This is just the right mix of casual hippy chic. I want it all.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is one smart little girl. Things to look forward to when Vivian gets a little older.

    Question, how tall are you? This Outfit makes you look super tall. Love the over the knee boots and scarf. Great, chill, casual look. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a tough one! bring on all the scarfs and the boots, I give in to fall! :)
    www.olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, that is a tricky one. That's when I employ the art of distraction. :)

    Loving those super high boots - sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Oh the things kids come up with! I'm hoping Nate gets to have all those fun conversations with Ollie because he's one of the best BS'ers around, lol.

    LOVE the boots and sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your boots are amazing. I love hearing what you kids say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Three and four are the BEST ages!!! I love the things that kids say. They are just hilarious! Love your boots and cardigan here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit is so bad ass! I love it! Oh man, the things that kids say! Hilarious! My sister is 10 now, but she used to say the funniest, weirdest things.
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. That whole thing is just too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's the annoyed looks that made me laugh the most. A 4 year old giving you teenage dirty looks!! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how sweet! I remember those annoyed looks and interesting conversations! You look lovely, Nora. Those boots are TDF! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! Oh man, we used to do that "But, why?" to my dad all day long. "Why is the sky blue?" "Because it is." "But, why?" "Because I said so." "But why?" we were assholes.

    I LOVE this look! You look like a cozy-rocker! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. ha ha, i adore conversations with little kids, they are too smart and how do they come up with all these questions???? My son always ask me something that he already knows the answer just ask me anyway just to test my intelligence, lol. Other than that, lovely look and those boots, TDF !

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Her mind is mystical, pondering God and fish and Beauty & the Beast all at such a young age!
    -ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love how quickly the topics changed with her! the 4 yr old i know had a breakdown bc i didn't pick out the right swimsuit for swim class. i was supposed to read her mind apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too funny! And I love this cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah a breath of fresh air she is!! Sometimes it's best to leave a few ?'s unanswered. She most certainly keeps your mind sharp, eh??

    You look lovely and I need every.single.piece.of.clothing...NOW!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. There is nothing more delightful than a conversation with a small child, particularly one as intelligent and curious as Mimi is. It's so fun when you share the conversation with us! I am now imagining God building himself...out of Lego perhaps?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too funny! I love her curiosity! I must say she really comes up with some great questions!

    ReplyDelete