Tuesday, October 28, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): bits and pieces




vest~ Marshalls
sweater~ Forever 21
jeans~ Gap
shoes~ H&M
necklace~ gift from mother-in-law

As I type this, I am listening to my husband read The Little Prince to my daughter. It is my very favorite book ever in the world and neither of them have ever read it or heard the story. It brings me such joy to overhear them reading and discovering it together. They are about halfway through and, so far, they are both really enjoying it which also makes me happy! It is such a beautiful and heartbreaking story. If you haven't ever read it, I highly recommend you do. I promise you won't be sorry!

This past weekend, Megan and I got the opportunity to meet a new friend, Ralph of Shybiker. We really had such a great time chatting over dinner and drinks. It's always such a treat to meet a blogger friend in person, especially when they are as kind and intelligent and funny as Ralph. I am now even more inspired, after talking to him, to enjoy life to the fullest, to take in more theater and live music, to travel around the U.S. and discover cool new cities, and to maybe even hop on the back of a motorcycle someday! Maybe! 

 Jim, the kids, and I also attended two Halloween parties this past weekend as well as getting our annual family photos taken. This is the third time that Erin has taken them and she always does such an awesome job. My kids are both at an age where getting them to sit still and smile for a camera is not an easy task, but Erin always handles it like the pro that she is and we always end up with some really great shots. I am excited to see how they turned out this year!

Oh, and in a post a while back a few of you mentioned in the comments that I looked tall. I remember that because I was SO HAPPY that someone thought I looked tall. I am not tall. As you can see in the photos above, I am a miniature person. I stand at about 5'4" on a good day. I was laughing to Jim while I edited these photos about how short I looked. I'm not used to seeing photos of myself in flats, even though I wear them all the time!

That's all I've got today for this super random post. Unless you want to hear about how I cleaned my house, caught up on laundry, and did yard work. No? Okay, fine. Another time.

xoxo, nora bird

21 comments:

  1. You're still taller than I am, if that makes you feel any better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm 5'4 too, but I really feel like I'm 5'5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're the exact same height. I bet we even take the same size of shoe!

    So happy you had a chance to meet Ralph...although it does seem weird referring to him as Ralph and not Ally. It confuses me a bit.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy being called either name. Since, in real life, people address me as Ralph, it's perfectly natural for you to call me that.

      Delete
  4. I would've thought you were tall too, if I hadn't known you in real life! Even in these pics with flats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to have a meet up with another blogger. I am hopeful I will be able to do this also someday. I love the sporty and cool look to this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with Shybiker too! And I'm glad the photos turned out, I'm having Erin do ours too! And I triple love this outfit - the vest is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. did you wear that outfit to the photo session? it's so, so cute - i love how relaxed and *warm* it is. kinda neat that on a day like today, right? excited to see your family photos (even though you're probably even more excited than i am..)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sound like you had a great week. Laundry is never fun. I been do that they last two day. Since my dryer is being dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love passing books on to my kids. My daughter especially LOVES reading. I love your flats! And I would love to meet a blogger in real life. Sadly I have yet to do so. There just aren't many here in Colorado I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fellow 5'4"ers, unite! I like to think of it as a good things/small packages situation. Also, cute sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First off, I love this outfit! Those shoes! I have been wanting a pair since forever ago! I am both jealous, and happy to hear of your awesome blogger-gathering from over the weekend. I feel like there are a lot of bloggers in Michigan, but they are all spread out. Or the ones who I have made friends with, don't blog anymore, or have moved out of state (3 of them did!). Still, one day I will have to visit New York, and also Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this sporty, casual look. You are shorter than I thought. :) We have so many similarities, I figured you were my height as well. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, you look tall. Do I look tall? I am also 5"4 and a 1/2. Drivers License says 5' 5". I recall the first time a placed a full length pic of myself on my blog, several bloggers said I was tall or how tall are you? I think the camera does a funky stretching thing. oh well.

    Glad you had all those fun adventures. Glad you liked my Donald Sweat Shirt for $20 rather than a simple gray T for $200 ( it did have 3/4 length sleeve and a hi low hem but still $200 excuse me bucks?)

    Have a super evening with your adorable family. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're tall to me, I'm 5'1"!
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really happy to have inspired you. That's the best impression I can hope for. It makes both of our lives better.

    And it's interesting how my perception of your photos above is different today than it was in the past. In my mind, I now see you in three dimensions since I know your real-life height and size. I have a sense of your physicality and that enables me to process the two-dimensional image as a 3-D one. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nora, I'm 5'4" on a good day, too! :) Love the ensemble! Of course, those leo print shoes are my faves. When I saw the name of this post I thought of the song "Weird Science" as it repeats the phrase "bits and pieces" several times. Great Halloween tune. :) Lovely post! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would have guessed you taller too--you must just give off some sort of height vibes! :) Are you talking about The Little Prince, the French book? I love that story!! I need to read it to Jona when he's a little more patient with books. I love this look, those leopard shoes are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving this outfit!! Your shoes are awesome! I wish someone thought I was tall, but that will never happen since I'm 4'10" on a good day! lol I'm trying to lose a little weight, so I think that might help me look a little taller. One can hope! :)
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love the outfit...totally something i would wear with the leopard shoes and olive green vest. nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. UhOh....if you are a miniature person what am I? I stand at 4ft 10!! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete