Wednesday, October 1, 2014

bird.i.y: falling leaves wall hanging

Hey! Happy October! The leaves are changing, there is a pleasant crispness in the air, and Minnesota is pretty much drenched in fall. Today's DIY is perfect for sharing today. I saw this little pack of colorful burlap leaves when I was last at Michael's and I grabbed them without knowing what I would eventually do with them. The rest of the materials I already had in my stash of DIY supplies and the idea sort of came together while staring at my crafting shelves. It is a super quick and easy DIY and I love how it turned out. I hope you do, too!

Here's what you'll need:
 ~ embroidery hoop
~ embroidery thread
~ one stick
~ burlap leaves
~ scissors
~ hot glue gun

I started by wrapping the stick with the embroidery floss. Once it was wrapped to my liking, I hot glued each end of the thread down and then hot glued the stick to the embroidery hoop. After that, I simply tied a piece of thread to each burlap leaf and hung them from the stick. And that's it! Easy as pie. And now you have a cute wall hanging, perfect for the season!



Have a great day!

xoxo, nora bird

13 comments:

  1. I think this DIY post means I have to accept fall :) love the leaves.
    www.olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, how cute! And I love that it involves a glue gun - those are my favorite kind of DIYs... cuz they're easy, and I like easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so cute! I haven't put out a lot of my fall decorations because they're mostly knick knacks that Oliver could get into, but something like this would be great because I could hang it up out of his reach! I may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a fun DIY for fall. I still need to get my fall stuff out from the basement.

    I'm Hosting BBCA(Blogging for breast cancer awareness). I hope you will join in. Read more about it on my blog. http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.de/2014/09/wiww-bbca-announcement.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's super cute Nora!!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I must make this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your craft ideas Nora, because I find I can probably do them. I don't do many crafts because I get half way into them and can't figure out the rest of it. It's true, LOL. This is so dang cute.

    Yes, it's true I am back at blogging and loving it all the way! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I wonder if my Michael's still has those leaves. My craft wheels are turning - the possibilities are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented! I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks easy enough!
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete