Friday, October 3, 2014

bird seed: two ingredient brownies


Full disclosure: this is not my own recipe. I saw it on Pinterest a couple of days ago and was a bit skeptical that it would work so, since I had both ingredients on hand, I thought I would test it out myself! The verdict: YUM! 

Here's what you'll need:
~ One family size brownie mix
~ One can of pumpkin puree

Disregard all the instructions on the back of the box. Simply combine the package of brownie mix and the pumpkin puree in a large bowl (I may have thrown in a handful of mini chocolate chips, too. Because, chocolate!). Once it is fully combined, place the mixture in a greased 13"x9" pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 28 minutes. I contemplated making an icing for the brownies, but after a quick taste test, I decided against it. They are super yummy on their own! They are much denser than a regular brownie, but oh-so-good.

Waiting patiently while Mom takes photos...

Less patient. "Can I eat the dang brownie, yet? I'm starving over here!"


Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!

 xoxo, nora bird

13 comments:

  1. OMG you had me at brownies but only 2 ingredients, even I couldn't mess that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i could do this and no one would pass out in horror! and you've got a cute brownie model there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy recipe, and it involves pumpkin? I'm in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was simple! Baking intimidates me 'cause it seems so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fudgey good. You should have included an "after" picture with chocolate all over his face :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, I have ajar of pumpkin puree in the cupboard!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Such great brownies. It is so difficult to get pumpkin purée iin ireland and when you do find it it is so exspensive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay, too easy and they taste good???
    i think i know what i am making this weekend
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum!! Now I that I saw this, I want to make it everyday for the rest of forever!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I need to try this! Sounds too easy to be true :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely hate pumpkin :( Do they taste pumpkin-y? I love the idea of two ingredients only!
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete