Thursday, September 11, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): tough decisions




top~ Urban Outfitters
jeans~ thrifted
sandals~ Target
watch~ Michael Kors
bracelet~ Mille

Yesterday, the kids and I were in the car driving somewhere when I heard Mimi murmuring something under her breath. I turned down the radio and listened a little harder. "Construction worker or astronaut? Construction worker or astronaut?" she kept saying, over and over. "What are you saying, Mimi?" I asked. "Mama," she said "I just don't know what to be when I grow up! Should I be a construction worker or should I be an astronaut???" She was clearly very distraught over this major decision. "Well, Mimi, you really don't have to worry about that yet. You have a long time before you have to decide what you want to be when you grow up. Maybe you can be a construction worker astronaut and build the very first city on the moon!" I exclaimed. This seemed to satisfy her and she agreed that, yes, this was definitely a good possibility. Little does Mimi know, I still need to figure out what I want to be when I grow up!

xoxo, nora bird

P.S. I had to share this photobomb that happened while Jim was taking these outfit photos. If you can't tell by my face, it was quite awkward for me.

18 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Love the photos bomb!

    I hear ya on still not knowing what you want to be when you grow up.

    To be fair, it is a tough call between construction worker and astronaut! LOL

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the not knowing what you want to be when you grow up.

    That's a great photo bomb! I would have felt very awkward as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha epic photobomb! My photobombs are usually my cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA best photobomb ever! LOVE IT! And adorable outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best photobomb ever, that is hilarious!! And so is Mimi - I love that she has such big ideas! Keep dreaming big Mimi!!

    And I love your outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, an astronaut construction worker sounds like the perfect compromise! Love the photobomb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL at that photobomb! Pretty cool actually! Good for Mimi, being all proactive. I still don't know what I want to be either. Except maybe Peter Pan so I never really have to grow up . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! Mimi is so friggin cute! I liked your answer! This outfit is super cute! I love this photo-bomb, it kind of looks like a cover of a 90's alternative album.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha!!! That's funny!!!
    Bless Mimi, she's so earnest!!! My 4 year old niece wants to be a pilot. She's obsessed with planes! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sweetness of this post! Fab look--those shoes are so sweet! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Both your outfit and Mimi's not knowing what she wants to be! It would be awesome if she helped build cities on the build! That photobomb is hilariously awkward!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mimi is so cute! She's going to be an engineer. Yay for smart girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this outfit - so cute! xx sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way you solved the problem for mim. We will DEFINITELY need construction workers on the moon some day!
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha, that is the best photo bomb ever!
    Love your top!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL-love that photo bomb! You look adorable even when you look awkward. I also love your response to Mimi. She is such a cutie pie! So glad you were able to relieve some of her stress.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. i don't know what i wanna be either! i get too nervous to take pics outside!

    ReplyDelete