Thursday, September 4, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): smiles and nods




dress, sunglasses ~ thrifted
shoes ~ Shoedazzle
earrings ~ Kohls

This is a (typical) conversation between me and Chris the other day:
Me: When I go in to wake Henry up each morning, he never wants me to kiss him anymore.
Chris: Yeah, that's normal.
Me: And for now, it's ok, because I know that when I go in to wake Eva up, she will open her eyes, smile at me, and give me a kiss.
Chris: *smiles and nods*
Me: But what am I going to do when Eva stops doing that???
We'll have to buy another dog.
Chris: Why do we need another dog?
Me: Because I'll need a dog that will kiss my face when I wake up in the morning.

Chris:  We're not getting another dog. What about Desi?

Me: Desi doesn't sleep in our bed.
Chris: Well a new dog won't sleep in our bed, either.

Me: Ah, so we are getting a new dog!

Chris: *smiles and nods*
xo,
megan bird

17 comments:

  1. kids won't let you kiss them good morning?? no!! i figured that was a forever thing. aw, dang. my dog charlie wakes me up with 3 taps on my face. makes me smile. and hopefully chris will let ya kiss him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving that dress on you. I bet it is a faz that Henry is going thru.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. Morkies will always kiss you in the morning :) A morkie puppy is needed!
    www.olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the dog part of the story! I'm sorry you don't get kisses anymore though. Ollie has just started to give kisses, I don't want to think about the day he stops!

    Love the dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Well played! We are thinking of getting a new dog when Reilly gets a little older. It is a sad day when your kids stop giving you kisses. My daughter is the only one who still does too :-( I love this dress on you! Va va voom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh! I hate that kids grow up. You look like one hot momma in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww!lOL! I get sad when my puppies don't sleep in my bed. I LOVE this whole look! I need more dresses like this, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH NO!!! No hugs??? That's so sad!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Love it! And, I adore this fabulous dress!!! Thrifted=even better! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything about this, especially the shoes! My dog sleeps in my bed, we cuddle him all night!
    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the sweetest. i would definitely recommend a dog for morning kisses <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah boo for less kisses, but yay for the new dog! haha you worked that one out somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe, this is so cute. Sounds like a conversation that Sean and I have just in reverse, he wants another dog :)

    You look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look phenomenal....seriously. That dress is gorgeous on you and your body looks fit and perfect!! you should Live in that dress. Dawn

    ReplyDelete