Tuesday, September 9, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): old dogs (new meds)




dress ~GoJane
belt ~ vintage, thrifted
necklace ~Ebay
ring ~ vintage, flea market
shoes ~ Shoedazzle

We woke up on Sunday morning and Desi (our dog) couldn't move. He was laying on the floor, in his own feces, with his legs splayed to the side. I freaked out. We didn't know what to do, as our little sister was in town and we were set to meet her, and the whole family, for a walk for our niece, in about 30 minutes.

We made him comfortable, and left for the walk, vowing to come home as soon as it was over. When we got home, he hadn't moved yet, and I freaked out again. Again, we were supposed to spend the whole day with our family, since my sister and niece were leaving that evening. We carried Desi to the car and took him with us.

By about 1:00 that afternoon, he was able to stand up. He was walking, albeit slowly, and seemed to have a tiny bit of energy back. Sunday night, I woke up every hour to check on him, still freaking out. I then stayed home on Monday to monitor him. Monday evening, I took him to the vet, and thankfully, they diagnosed him with extreme arthritis. I know that doesn't sound great, but considering the thoughts that were going around my head, I am so, so thankful that he has a few more years in him, and now, some amazing new pain meds.

So to all of you who wished me a better day on Instagram yesterday, I thank you all.
xo,
megan bird

24 comments:

  1. What a bizarre stressful story. Poor puppy! : (

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! I am so sorry you went through that. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. Our pets become a part of our family. I hope he feels better. My sister is going through the exact same thing with her boyfriend's pomeranian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my poor fur baby Desi. I hope he feel much better. I'm blowing kisses to him and sending big hugs.

    Megan I love your look, so gorgeous. I have soft spot for lace. Black and gold is such a classic pairing and detail on the back with pink is so fabulous.

    xoxo Ra

    http://www.ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you a big hugs. It never fun when are animals are not doing well. Sending prayer that he will improve some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hope he feels much better. my dog has mild arthritis and joint disease. we take things super slow with him. wishing you many more precious years with your furry family member xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, poor pup. How stressful that had to have been for you guys! Glad to hear Desi has lots of years left to love on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh poor Desi! I was wondering if it was something to do with him when I saw your IG post yesterday. I'm glad he has some meds to help him have some more years with you! I know how much you love him! Give him a pat for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw poor little thing! It's such a desperate feeling when a pet doesn't feel good since he/she can't tell you what's going on! I'm glad it was nothing too serious (though not to downplay the arthritis).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the poor puppy. Can you give medical marijuana to dogs? I hear that it is very good for arthritis. I'm completely serious. I'm also serious that you are looking pretty darn fab in that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look beautiful! I love the back of that dress!

    As someone who just dropped $480 on the emergency vet because her dog ate 5 pounds of food, I feel you. I would have freaked out too! Poor animals can't tell you when they don't feel good, or what is wrong. You are an amazing dog mom for watching him closely, and staying with him like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor guy! I would have been just as stressed! Happy to hear there was a solution with pain meds :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh poor Desi! That's horrid. Glad he's being treated though!x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sad for Desi. Arthritis for dogs is so painful. Glad for the new meds and the fact that you have more years with him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. aw, poor thing!! i hate seeing our pets suffer...glad to hear it was something treatable. loving the gold accents here!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness I would have been freaking out too! It's a relief to hear it was something that could be taken care of pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg i am so glad that the diagnosis was something that could be helped and that he is feeling better. poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no! Thankful it was only arthritis but still that doesn't sound very good. I'm so sorry! That's scary! Praying for dog healing! xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am glad the dog is better. They become part of the family for sure. And sexy LBD Look, Megan. =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Poor Desi! I'm so glad he has pain meds to keep him comfortable now and that the problem was something relatively easy to cope with.

    I have been away for a bit so did you get your hair cut when I was away and that is why I didn't know? Clearly you failed to phone me and tell me. Sheesh! Don't tell me it was done before I went AWOL because then I will think I have dementia. It looks fabulous!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I'm glad you figured out what's wrong with him.
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete