Tuesday, September 23, 2014

outfit of the day(bird): hot tub party




denim jacket, shirt~ thrifted
jeans~ H&M
boots~ J Crew via Second Debut

I will preface this story by saying that I realize that many of my blog posts are basically just quotes overheard by my kids while in the car. As a stay-at-home mom, almost all of my time is spent with my kids, much of it in the car overhearing them say the darndest things. I know I find them hilarious because they are my kids, but hopefully you guys aren't totally bored by me! That said, here's another story about my kids saying funny things in the car...

The other day the kids and I were driving to the gym and the radio was on in the car. The person on the radio mentioned something about a hot tub party and when Mimi heard this she let out a loud and irritated sigh, and said "Hot tub party??? But where would they put the balloons? And what about the cake???" Frankly, I have to agree. I mean, a hot tub party sounds fun and all, but what's a party without balloons and a cake?

xoxo, nora bird

15 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Kids do say and comment on the darndest things. So true!
    I see your hair is growing out again? It's a constant for sure. I cut mine just to grow it out and I am sure I will cut it again soon!

    I love this outfit and the boots need to be in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! My 8 year old asked me why you would need fur-lined handcuffs the other day. She overheard it while I had Friends on (I should know better). I told her people tickle each other when wearing them. She was so confused as to why someone would tickle someone else held captive. Oh geez....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of the mouths of babes! Seriously, I love your kid quote posts. Mimi is hilarious.

    I really love this whole look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahaha! You cannot forget the ballons! Or the wine :)
    www.olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute :) i do love hearing kid conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah she knows where its at! Obviously the balloons and cake! And you look so cute in this outfit!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too funny. I love your jean on jean style. I wish I could pull that off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Totally agree! I could never get sick of funny kid stories. I love them! So keep 'em comin'! My kids, my nieces and nephew, other peoples kids--they are all hilariously innocent. This tank is SO CUTE! What a great thrift find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LMAO! That, is adorable! I love your kids, they are so awesome.

    I love this look! It is very matchy, but in a totally awesome way! I am also so envious of your hair. I wish that mine looked that cute when it was at that length!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kids are so cute. And so is this outfit! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that is the cutest. Kids are the best for a good laugh. :)

    Your shoes, by the way. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You gotta love kids. I was at work yesterday and our systems were running slowly and I was getting very frustrated. I was serving a lady and her young daughter and the Daughter turns to her Mum and says, " this lady doesn't have her happy face on today does she Mum?" I was so embarrassed as I realised I must have looked like a grump, glaring at my screen. I had a permanent smile on my face for the rest of the day, nobody likes to look like a grump.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love hearing about the random, funny things kids say. That is too cute. (I'd share what mine says, but I don't think anyone would want to read: "Dah!!! abooda dahba." or something like that.) I love your outfit, that shirt is an awesome thrift find!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The girl does have a point! :) And I'm so in love with this outfit. I've really been loving olive green lately and love the fit of this top!

    ReplyDelete