Wednesday, September 24, 2014

bird.i.y.: alphabet block crafts

Here is the extent of my DIY...
1. Buy a bag of alphabet blocks at a bag sale at a church.
a. Because you're 40 and you  need a bag of alphabet blocks.
b. Because it's bag day and everything you can stuff into a garbage bag is $2.
2. Realize you need to start getting rid of craft items because your basement is turning into a TLC show.
3. Wonder randomly if all of the names in your family share letters that you could "crossword" together.
4. Grab the bag of alphabet blocks and test it out.
5. Realize they do.
6. Grab the hot glue gun that is still sitting out from your last craft project and start gluing.
8. Move the finished project around the house until you find a place (or two) for it.





Where do you like it best? The fireplace or on top of the hope chest by the window?
xo,
megan bird

16 comments:

  1. The fireplace! I was reluctantly going to purge my alphabet blocks this week, thank goodness for this DIY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the hope chest. How cute and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, this is adorable! I agree with the others, I like it on the hope chest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it by the fireplace. This looks simple and fun. Maybe even I could do it! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! I love this! When Ollie outgrows his blocks I might have to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable. I like it on the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your house is so pretty!!! The blocks are a cool idea!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. That is adorable! You're very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I friggin love this!!!

    I am not sure! It looks so cute with your silhouettes, like that could be the "family" wall? I like it by the plants too though. Maybe you should make another one? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh fun and those silhouettes with the dog too. I would do the same include our dog as well. By the fireplace.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Looks great in both places, but sure can beat the view from your window! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to do that when I worked at the portrait studio!
    -ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, that's such a cute idea! I love it!

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  14. I seriously stop by to check all diy. They are all so good!!

    ReplyDelete