Friday, September 19, 2014

a bit about the birds

 

Today we thought we would share a few bits and pieces about us, just for fun! (Also, it's Friday and I am feeling lazy.) So grab a cup of coffee, sit back, relax, and learn a bit about the birds!

Megan Bird
1. I was once beat up my a convenience store clerk. She was at least twice my age at the time.
2. I have always loved being pregnant.
3. If I say I’m going to do something, I have to do it, no matter how much I don’t want to. It’s either very good willpower, or extreme stubbornness.
4. I am very stubborn (but I also have great will power).
5. I have extreme Catholic guilt and tend to overthink things.
6. I am very impulsive.
7. I hoard clothes and shoes, but I don’t think there is anything wrong with that.
8. In the 25 years I have been a vegetarian, I don’t miss meat at all. I do, however, really miss pink Starburst.
9. I don’t like to ask for help and want everyone to think I can do most things on my own (with the exception of Chris, I’ll ask him to do anything for me).
10. I prefer salty over sweet any day. My favorite snack is air-popped popcorn with olive oil, salt, and pepper.

The birds circa 2002 (before we were officially birds) and one of my favorite photos of us!
  

Nora Bird
1. I cannot leave a Target store without buying at least one jar of nail polish. In all honesty, it's usually two. My nail polish collection drives my husband crazy.
2. I am also a vegetarian and have been for about 14 years. Giving up meat was extremely easy for me, but I don't think I could ever give up cheese.
3. I love to sing. I'm not very good, but I love it!
4. I am horribly anxious and can easily keep myself awake all night worrying about almost anything.
5. I hate milk. I don't remember the last time I drank a glass of the stuff.
6. I get nervous when I have to call and speak to strangers on the phone. Making restaurant reservations, calling for pizza delivery, making doctor's appointments, etc. Answering the door for the pizza guy is also not my favorite. (I know, I know. I am working on this and getting much better about it!)
7. I could eat Mexican food every day and not ever get sick of it.
8. I own the cutest ukelele and will someday learn to play it. I taught myself this song by watching a YouTube tutorial once during my kids' nap time. It's one of my favorite ukelele songs.
9. The Jerk is one of my favorite movies and I have always had a small crush on Steve Martin.
10. I am terrified of heights. My heart actually just starting beating a bit faster typing that.

Tell us something about yourself!

xoxo, two birds

23 comments:

  1. Aww cute, I loved getting to know more about each of you! Megan, I am SO with you on the salty snacks! And Nora, you aren't alone, I have the same serious phone anxiety. I'll procrastinate terribly if something requires making a phone call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love learning more about you two. I give you kudos for being vegetarian. Nora I have a huge collection of nail polish to. I just paint my nail with a bottle that I had for 2 years and never used it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 needs its own post! i hate talking on the phone as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I also prefer salty to sweet, and I could eat Mexican everyday as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's such a great picture :) i love salty snacks too! and i get nervous too when i have to call and speak to strangers and when i can i make my husband do it! but it's funny because once i am doing it it's ok. perhaps i wind myself up too much :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun post! I learned some new things about you both too! Nora - I have always had a small crush on Steve Martin too, my husband loves to tease me about it. Megan, I love making popcorn that way too, it's so much tastier made with olive oil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FUN! I love these types of posts. Maybe I should do one.... I hate conflict, so if I have to tell someone they aren't doing a good job, or that I'm not satisfied with the service I'm getting, I won't say anything and move on. This drives my husband crazy because we've paid for some shoddy services in the past. I, too, am working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so nice! I've always wanted to know more about you two.

    Happy to see someone else who likes "The Jerk." I rooted for Steve Martin from the beginning of his career and was glad to see him expand into movies.

    I was vegetarian for 20 years and, like Nora, used cheese as a primary food. Now I'm not strictly veg (but mostly am) and have seriously cut back on all dairy for health reasons. I eat small amounts of cheese for the scrumptious taste but not the large blankets I used to put on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am also terrified of heights! And every so often I give up meat for a month or two at at time... but then Bacon always calls me back :)
    www.olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love to get to know more about bloggers. You guys are so cute and fun! I love to sing too even though I have THE WORST voice. Even my kids tell me to stop. And I have been vegetarian for years at a time but then go back to eating meat. Never really because I miss it, every time has been because I get pregnant and THE BABY WANTS MEAT NOW! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Megan, #4 made me LOL. And Nora I hate calling and talking to strangers on the phone too! HATE. Which made becoming a 911 dispatcher an interesting choice. . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog ladies! Its great learning a little more about the two of you! I'm hoping to get my blog up and running by the end of the year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Megan and Nora,
    I loved this sharing post, I am so happy to know these cool things about you. You are tow that I knew I would like, and now i know why. I also love that photo of you.
    About me? I am a twin, have been married almost 30 years ( !!!) and have 6 closets for my stuff, - some of it is 30 years old!-
    so i consider myself the luckiest human alive!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! Nora, I owned 40 nail polishes as a teenager. I also find strangers on phone a bit scary though only if I have to phone them!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha! I love this!! It was so wonderful reading these little tidbits and getting to know you lovely ladies better!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun post!
    I hate having to telephone strangers too, and I hate asking for help.
    On the flip side I like taking stairs two at a time, and taking hair hair our of it's ponytail at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's fun to get to know a little more about both of you and of course to see where I have things in common with you. I was vegetarian and then vegan but I no longer am-long story. Giving up cheese was harder than giving up meat. I too don't like making phone calls to strangers, but I don't even like making phone calls to friends. The only person I can phone without a second thought is my mum. I have been known to take a week or more to just psych myself up to make a certain phone call.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a great post. I always love to know more personal bloggers I follow. I'm anxious like Nora. I thought I'm only one dealing with that, but in someway I feel better now knowing that I'm one. It's hard to explain, but somehow I feel stronger. You know what I mean.

    xoxo Ra


    http://www.ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  19. You two would be my best buds if we were neighbors!!

    Ok, so I only buy white napkins, never anything with a pattern, like flowers or shapes, etc. I will leave the store if they do not have napkins that are plain, white. I don't know, but the napkins with ink flowers, etc., seem so busy and distracting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing some bits and pieces about yourselves, it was interesting and fun to read. I have phone anxiety as well. Additionally, I will eat anything and everything except beets, I like the smell of paper and rubber (think new doll or bouncy ball), and don't think I will ever feel "grown up".

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love to sing too! I actually just won a local karaoke contest Saturday night. $50 and my bar tab paid. win! I'd love to be a vegetarian, but I love chicken. I really don't eat much other meat. I also don't think I could give up cheese either! How many siblings do you all have besides each other?
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I studied voice/ opera in phila., I went to nursing school and quit in the last semester, I was very good at karate when I studied it and sparred in a competition. I secretly want to try out for The Voice. I used to hostess my own karaoke show in local bars/ restaurants. ...oh there is so much more but I will spare you the details.

    ReplyDelete